Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Target has jars on sale!

9 years ago

Target has quarts for $5.38! Other jars are on sale (roughly 10-20% off) too until Sat.

Comments (12)

• 9 years ago

I read this shortly after you posted and dashed to Target. Our Target only had their prices advertised in the sales flier. So quarts were something like $8.89 and pints were $7.73. Maybe your store was overstocked and they needed to push them. Lucky, you!

I might check on Target again later in the week and next week.

• 9 years ago

Check online, you can order and pick up in store for that price. My store had the quarts marked $8.99 but gave me the sale price (except I thought it was $5.83, when I got home and checked I saw I'd transposed the number but they said just take a screen shot and bring that in with the receipt next week, they'd give me the difference).

Here is a link that might be useful: Quart price at Target

• 9 years ago

Online (Target) had 1/2 pint jelly jars for $5.15 a couple of weeks ago. My wife stopped on the way home from work to get a few cases for me. The sales clerk told her that was ONLY for "online" orders. My wife's a tough cookie, though, and relentless. Long story short, (and 2 managers later), she walked out with them for $5.15!
    I think they just wanted her to leave quietly... Haha! Oh well!!! It worked!

Mike

• 9 years ago

ARG! How did I miss that one? Oh well, $7.19 is better than the $7.97 Walmart has them for. And I was in Target just last week, looked at jars b/c a cousin had them listed on her baby registry (don't know why, the WM Elite pints for baby food? 4oz RM would be better. I bought an outfit instead).

• 9 years ago

Craft stores like Hobby Lobby, JoAnne's, Michael's and AC Moore have canning jars including some that are case packed. I only wanted one 2-quart Ball jar so got it at Hobby Lobby for 50% off during a sale but they always have a 40% off coupon. Bed, Bath and Beyond always has a 20% off coupon. Although they don't have the cheapest price on lids, with the coupon it helps if you are going to be there anyway. I got a cases of 1-1/2 pint jars with the 20% off coupon. Ace hardware had a sale. Sometimes Ocean State has quarts and pints on sale. Good to get on their email list for coupons. But that Target sale was even better.

• 9 years ago

I had just picked up 2 cases of quarts at OSJL for $7.99 with coupon but the Target sale was much better. I don't even consider buying a single jar - incredibly expensive at the hobby/craft stores. I haven't looked at BB&B to see what their prices are, might be worth considering with 20% off but Walmart has been the best - sometimes mom&pop grocery but big grocery chains and HW stores have been most expensive case prices.

Mike - you know when you see a sale like that you're supposed to come here and post ;-)?

• 9 years ago

I bought some quart and pint jars from Goodwill for about 25 cents each and bought lids from WM. The next visit all canning jars were cleaned.
    I think, by the gardening season coming to close, retailers don't want to put things like jars back in the storage for 9 months. Smart shoppers can take advantage of this and stock up. Do your shopping after Christmas ! hehe

• 9 years ago

Some retailers do clearance on jars, others don't. Walmart is one that doesn't. Here the Goodwill jars are $1 or more each - I do buy some when/if they go half price but with having to buy the lids and bands it's often not worth it. I saw a brand-new, with band and lid (must have been donated from open box at Target, white sticker which never goes half price ) pint-and-a-half jar for $3 the other day! Whoever does pricing at my GW store must be comparing prices to craft stores.

• 9 years ago

Our local Wally World leaves their canning section out all year round so they never really put anything on sale to get rid of it. It's kind of disheveled in the fall and winter, but replenished and straightened out in the spring. Grocery stores have started leaving theirs out all year as well, no sales. ACE, same, no special sales. Tractor Supply has the best deals around here this year for the close of the season. Last year, Lowe's had a pallet rack and sold a bunch of stuff really cheap at the end of the season. I guess they realize they got bit and didn't have a Ball display this year. Shame. I was looking forward to it... :-(

• 9 years ago

Argh!! I was just at Wegman's yesterday and while I was there, I stocked up on all the jars I expect to need for the rest of the season! I wish I had seen this!

Oh well. I did notice that Wegman's has their boiling water bath canners on sale.

Angie

• 9 years ago

HotHabaneroLady...lucky you to have Wegmans as a nearby store. We love to browse and shop there when we visit our daughter who lives 8 hours from our home. We enjoy seeing all the store has to offer, and the great way they display everything. Our SIL salvaged some booths when Wegmans remodeled their cafe and his basement game room now has awesome seating!

• 9 years ago

Chris I went to lowes and the mgr said the canning stuff hasn't even come in yet? I am going to check back in a month and see because that is were I got my canners for $ 9 and boxes of lids and rings for 5 cents. If I remember right it was November/December.
    kim