Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazykitchen54

New 2009 Wolf warming drawer--questions regarding

15 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the new Wolf warming drawers that are supposed to become available late this summer? I was told this when I contacted Wolf with questions about the installation of their current integrated drawer front model. The only thing I was told was there would be changes to the depth, so that it would be easier to install in standard depth cabinets. I am wondering if there will be changes in other features? The person I talked to wouldnÂt say. Thanks!

Comments (6)

• 15 years ago

Sorry can't answer your question, but the warming drawer was the only item I decided not to get from wolf, though I got the range, and oven from them. The salesman thought they were way overpriced and recommended Dacor for the best for full flush installation. He says that wolf is more competitive on the stove, but they know that once you get that, you will get the warming drawer to match. So if you are going to panel it, you could get another brand and save about $700..Whereas the E series oven is less than 100 more than the Thermador professional oven...

• 15 years ago

newly_suburban

Thank you for the information. The appliance dealer I am using doesn't carry Dacor, but I may try to look at their warming drawer elsewhere. I imagine the new Wolf warming drawer will be even more expensive!

We are planning to stack a Wolf microwave with their L-Series oven, so I could just go with their stainless steel warming drawer to match (this is the best way we can fit an extra oven and a microwave in our kitchen--we will also have a 36-inch range). We are paneling most other appliances, so have considered paneling the warming drawer as well. We may decide to leave that appliance out, though.

Thanks again,
    CK

• 15 years ago

Well, not sure what your lifestyle is like, but I would get two warming drawers if I could...great for dinner parties, pancakes at bfast etc. We have put ours in a 3 drawer unit in our island..so there is a usable drawer on top and below it and thus paneling it. But I have put my oven in the island as well since I need more counterspace and am mounting a microwave over the counter next to the fridge...

Good luck deciding.

• 15 years ago

I would put a warming drawer in for sure if I had the set up you do in an island. In that case, I would also prefer it was paneled.

We are working with a long galley kitchen in an older home, but we will have room (if we take a closet out) in the breakfast area for a small beverage center, the microwave, an extra oven, and a warming drawer below those. Our cabinet designer is very against installing a warming drawer so low, but the appliance salesman says otherwise. Of course, he would like to sell us the warming drawer! I think I would find it useful in spite of the setup. It would be fairly convenient to the range wall.

Best wishes with your new kitchen!

• 15 years ago

Hi again, Just went to a dinner party tonight where the hosts have their warming drawer at the bottom of their stacked combo microwave/oven/warming drawer. They say its the best thing of their renovation and having at the bottom is much better than in the middle. My neighbor has the same set up with warming drawer above the oven and she is short and has a hard time getting dishes out of it, so I wouldn't worry about it being so low. They used it last night for a huge platter of cous cous and some barbque...:)

• 15 years ago

newly_suburban, Thank you very much for the additional information about the warming drawers! I wondered about putting the warming drawer between the microwave and oven. Based on your neighbor's feedback, it probably would be too high for me in that position, too. I will probably go ahead and put one at the bottom of my oven stack. CK