Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Questions for Bertazzoni Owners/Users

15 years ago

Have been reading through the old threads but unfortunately, many posters who own the range cannot be emailed and a link to the #2 thread no longer works. I'm posting this in hopes that some of the old hands will see it and respond.

I'm considering the X304GGvX stainless.

So I would appreciate assessments from owners and users -- who do not have LP hookups -- about this range.

Specifically, when you estimate oven temp by setting the oven between two settings on the oven dial, does that generally work ok provided you use an oven thermometer to verify?

Has anyone experienced leakage between the front and interior glass door panels during cleaning?

Any service issues? Overall satisfaction level? Would you buy it aqain?

I relied on, and took advice from folks here, when I switched out an oven two years ago, with great success, so I'm hoping for more great opinions and experience. TIA, Roc

Comments (5)

• 15 years ago

I considered this range and I guess it is still a possibility but the one big downside for me is it probably has the smallest oven of any 30" range I can find @ 2.9 cubic feet.

• 14 years ago

I own the Bertazzoni 30" in Stainless. I love it. I've been using it for the last few months, even though my kitchen remodel is far from finished.

I am in love with it!! The oven is small but big enough for all I do. I estimate the temp dial and have gotten very good with using an oven thermometer. It's right on! Bakes evenly too!!

I have an old house and it's look fits beautifully. It's not overwhelming for the space. I wish I had the guts to have chosen a color but I am happy to have saved the money.

I don't understand your question about the leakage. Leakage of what??

I doubt you'd be unhappy with your Bert if you chose to go this way.

• 14 years ago

christina, thanks for your post. I'm very glad to hear positive things. I'm going for the stainless as well. I actually want that for my gray and taupe color scheme.

My question was about cleaning the oven door and whether there had ever been a problem with any cleaning liquid getting between the inner and outer glass door panels? (that happened to me recently with a wall oven).

So great to continue to hear the oven bakes evenly. It's quite large enough for my needs actually.

Your help and opinion are much appreciated.

• 14 years ago

rococo-

It's my pleasure. These boards have been so helpful to me that I always try and come back to provide feedback on items I have purchased and used.

Nope... no problems with cleaning the oven door. I use spray cleaner on the front without any issues. For the top, especially after I have cooked Italian (pasta sauces), I use bar keepers friend on a wet sponge. Gets everything thing clean in a jiffy.

As you continue to research your purchase, keep in mind that people are more likely to post complaints than compliments. I research everything I buy online, especially by reading reviews... but I also take it all with a grain of salt. I pay attention to service complaints and take opinions into consideration :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help answer about the Berta.

• 14 years ago

christina -- appreciate the additional response as the cleaning issue was my last question. I've actually had the good luck to get answers from other generous owners here as well, so the "reviews" have been personal and, as a result, extremely useful. I do think it's a good range for me and will greatly enhance this kitchen.

Bake on!

Roc