Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

the little Acorn Elf

14 years ago

Once upon a time....

there was a lonely little Acorn Elf. He faithfully guarded his flock of turkeys (well, two anyway.)

He was rather shy, and lived in a tiny cabin in the Autumn Forest, among the falling leaves. One day he heard his turkeys chattering and talking in the way that turkeys do (all excited with their feathers puffed out). When...suddenly... a lost and forlorn little Turkey appeared.

The Acorn Elf looked all around for others. (Everyone knows a turkey should not be wandering around alone!) Then, a gentle breeze brought the softest, sweetest voice the Acorn Elf had ever heard. (Actually, it was the first voice he'd ever heard). To his amazement a beautiful Elf girl was calling for her lost little turkey, who went running (in the weird way that turkeys run, tho I think its called a Turkey Trot) to her.

She smiled at the Acorn Elf, and he fell in love. Forever and always.

the end

Comments (22)

• 14 years ago

OMGoodness! How perfect! Only you could find a mate for the acorn elf (envy of the HF). Go ahead and tell us the story about her and their little house. Congratulations on your new EIL (elf-in-law).
    Syble

• 14 years ago

"Someone" here called me a crazy lady yesterday, LOL. This confirms it. Actually I had that little Elf girl and the turkey with her that I picked up last year at Walgreens. I had them on my stacked plates. I just happened to notice she might be cute with the Acorn Elf and let my imagination take over. The cabin was a GW birdhouse find, that had been planned to embellish for my fairy garden. Tho I guess at the moment its become Acorn Cottage. LOL

hope this fairy tale gave everyone a chuckle.
    hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

How cute! The elves, the pics and your sweet story, Karen!
    Lynn

• 14 years ago

Oh, what fun! I love the cute little love story. I'm glad there was a happy ending for the acorn elf.

• 14 years ago

How cute--and creative of you Miss Karen! Love your sweet little story. ;o) Luvs

• 14 years ago

Oh, Karen, everything is so great, the figurines, the forest, the story! I just love it. Please tell me you will print the story and pictures out for you grandkids... and your little "adopted" niece. It is so sweet.

You sure are raising the bar here, Kiddo.

Now you will have to look for a teeny tiny baby elf for next year!

Lee

• 14 years ago

Karen...How refreshing...what a cute setting and sweet story. I really enjoyed it.
    I think you had lots of fun planning and putting it all together too.
    That little elf girl..kind of reminds me of you...a little imp who loves fun!! LOL

jane

• 14 years ago

Ok, purplemoon! You're losing it!!! LOL! LOL again!
    You may have to take over "Storytime" at your local library...the kids will luv you!!! Great finds & a very cute
    "a-corn-y" tale! TFS! From you GJ friend, Jeanne S. (I've had to sneak a peak on this forum & now I know what I've been missing!)

• 14 years ago

Oh my gosh, it's hard enough getting a tablescape or vignette together, now we have to tell stories about them too!!

Ok, Karen, you are raising the bar way to high for me!!!

When I post a picture of a vignette, you can make up your own story, and that's all I have to say!!!!

LOL LOL

• 14 years ago

I bet when they have kids they will be a little nutty!:)

Adorable, Karen!

• 14 years ago

You may be the Crazy Lady but I really, really, seriously think you should write your stories down accompanied by your pics. You might even get published eventually! Keep up the good work!

I refuse to get involved with writing stories about my vignettes - it's enough for do the vignette, struggle to take a pic that looks reasonable, and post it. Just call me the Lazy Lady. I'm too lazy to care! :-)

• 14 years ago

LOL... Kathleen...
    Very Good!!

• 14 years ago

Yes, Kathleen, very good. Glad I'm not the only Crazy Lady here.

I'm also glad my first (and most likely my last) Fairy Tale was enjoyed by all of you. Loved all your sweet comments. I think I will print it out, with larger photos, for my two little grand-daughters who are 5 and 7, and my adopted niece who just turned 8.

Jeanne, I'm so happy to see you over here! Several of us from GJ are regulars. You will love this place!

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Karen, I was 'just a smilin' when I read your sweet story with my favorite kind of ending. Loving all of the pictures. Everything was just grand!

Then, I'm nodding and agreeing with Lee about you having to find an Elf Baby for next year.

Then... I FALL OUT laughing at Kathleen!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!

Betty

• 14 years ago

Karen,
    That is darling and your fairy tale story was wonderful. I can only imagine how many of these you could come up with knowing you have so many collections. When you are up to it, I hope you play and write every chance you get.LOL Enjoyed this post for my first thing in the morninig with my cup of coffee and will be waiting for the little one to arrive in the future. Thanks, Punk

• 14 years ago

Karen you are wonderful!!! The story and pictures are absolutely perfect!! Do you mind if I print that for my granddaughters???? They would love it.
    Thanks for the time it took to write and post and make a huge smile for my day!!!
    J

• 14 years ago

Jay, print away.

You guys are so fantastic about the silly mood I was in,
    and its really made my day!
    Tho challenging me to find a BABY elf is a bit over the top. LOL. Thank goodness the 3 turkeys are all Toms.

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Thank goodness the 3 turkeys are all Toms.

LOL

• 14 years ago

ok......fast forward SIXTEEN YEARS...
    their kid got his driver's license. LOL

{{gwi:1451175}}

krazy ol' Karen

• 14 years ago

Hope her car doesn't get SQUASHED. That would be the pits!

• 14 years ago

Karen, I love the little pumpkin car! Is Lit'le elf dating yet?

Those headlights are adorable, remind me of the car in the Disney movie years ago.

Kathleen, you missed your calling! squashed, pits...lol

Lee

• 14 years ago

Karen..Too funny...love the little pumpkin car and 'it's driver'..

both you and Kathleen are...

'Out Of Your Gourds'!!

LOL

jane

Sponsored
More Discussions