Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

What is a good source for floral wallpapers-vintage looking?

12 years ago

I am considering wallpapering an accent wall behind my headboard wall. Awhile back I looked at Farrow and Ball papers but $900.00 minimum for an order is too much for one wall. Do any of you have any suggestions on any other brands and good places to look? Thank you.

Comments (10)

• 12 years ago

Thibaut, they have a relatively good search on their site.

• 12 years ago

I haven't shopped with them but "wallpapers to go" website is fun to browse...organized by manufacturer and book...like a wall paper store.

"Discount decorating.com" has an even finer breakdown for you to shop by.

I would recommend seeing the real paper though before ordering.

• 12 years ago

I agree with palimpsest, Thiabaut. I have one of their large, viney florals in the half bath and people have commented that it looks like fabric.

• 12 years ago

$900 dollar minimum? Whoa! I think I got mine from American Blinds & Wallpaper. I was able to buy a sample from them before I ordered.

If I'm not mistaken, they have a large selection.

• 12 years ago

Thank you all so much! I will be looking today at the sources that you gave me. The wallpaper that I wanted from F& B was about 300.00 per roll and they have a three roll minimum. They have beautiful papers though. Can't wait to start looking! Thanks again.

• 12 years ago

Another vote for Thibaut. Gorgeous papers. Schumacher also is another great luxury paper manufacturer.

• 12 years ago

If it's not a big wall, and you want a vintage paper check out the sellers on Etsy. I've had a lot of fun looking at wallpaper and borders there!!

seagrass

• 12 years ago

I bought an historic Wm. Morris wall paper and I shopped on line and found a seller who did not have a 2 roll minimum...it was a long time ago so I don't remember who, but as I recall, they were in Canada...west coast area. But it saved me a lot of money as I only needed one roll and they were about $100 each.

Below is the one I chose...his prints are luscious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wm Morris Windrush wall paper

• 12 years ago

I'd start by looking at this site. Some of it is expensive, some of it is very expensive. Some of it is inexpensive. All of it is fabulous! Shipping will hurt, though. It is worth a look!

Sea

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabulous Wallpaper

• 12 years ago

sis2two - sometimes you can find an affordable wallpaper that has the look you want. I went to Sherwin Williams store and scoured all their books (they had lots) and found lots of nice stuff (some high end, some moderate, some inexpensive). You don't even have to place an order with them...if you find something you like in one of the books, you can simply write down the pattern/designer and then actually purchase online from places like American Blinds and Wallpaper, etc. Benjamin Moore stores have lots of books too.