Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foxykitten350234

I'm quilting again

15 years ago

After a summer of fighting weeds and other things that get in the way of fun stuff I'm now back to quilting. One of my goals last year was to finish some UFO. Here is one former UFO.

Sorry for using links. I can't see pictures posted in threads on this site so I can't tell if mine are showing up when I post them.

Foxy.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:63186}}

Comments (16)

• 15 years ago

That's very pretty. I love the colors. It also looks difficult--all those points.

• 15 years ago

Yes that does look difficult. Very nice for a cat lover, the colors are purrrrfect!

Vicky

• 15 years ago

Welcome back to the "fold" - little pun there! Lovely work! I wish I could get to my UFOs.

Teresa

• 15 years ago

Welcome back Foxy! I love your kitties. I too am playing with my UFO's and getting some DONE!

Rebecca

• 15 years ago

Oh my! All those points!!! Is the body like a New York Beauty pattern?

SharonG/FL

• 15 years ago

How nice, love the kitties!

beverly

• 15 years ago

That's beautiful! It took me a minute to realize that they were kitties. How clever!

I've gotten hooked on paper piecing lately--it's really addictive.

• 15 years ago

What is the name of the block please? My DD's boss's wife would give her eye teeth for that one.

beverly

• 15 years ago

Beautiful quilt, colour selection! What's next?

• 15 years ago

That's easily my favorite cat pattern. Love the subtle color scheme.

Annie

• 15 years ago

Foxy kitten lady that is purrrrrrrrrrrrrrdy!!!!!
    I have a cat pattern using snail trails that I want to make, but I have just begun the busy season so maybe after Christmas.
    Heavy sigh, welcome back.
    Rosa

• 15 years ago

Welcome Back......
    All I can say is ~~~~~WOW~~~~~
    That is sooooo Beautiful !!!!
    bopeep

• 15 years ago

Realy neat. Did not see the cats the first time arould. Like the pattern but it looks like it would be a UFO around here forever with all those points. Nice job and great colors. TFS Jayne

• 15 years ago

Welcome back to quilting and the forum. What an incredible quilt...just beautiful. Hope this is a "ME" quilt for you. I could never part with it.
    Jean

• 15 years ago

Oooh - Very cool cats!

• 15 years ago

Thanks ladies!

The pattern is called "Sawtooth Cats", designed by Janet Miller and put out by The City Stitcher. It is one of those patterns that comes in a zip lock baggie.

As far as I can tell the body of the cats are like the New York Beauty pattern, but I have never made a NY Beauty so I'm not totaly sure.

The points weren't too bad since it was paper pieced. I'm one of those lucky people who strated sewing curved pieces before some one told me they were supposed to be difficult so that part wasn't tough. I must say the borders were enough to drive me crazy after a while. The cat faces were supposed to be stitched on, but I cheated and used pigma pens. They show up well in person, but not so much in the picture.

This is the first quilt that I went totaly wild with the quilting. Normally I'm pretty blah with the quilting part. I tend to stitch in the ditch way too much.lol This time I did chains of hearts on the sashing, diamonds on the cat backgrounds, outlined the stripes on the cats and put one heart on each cat body.

Yep, this one is for me:) The quilt I'm working on now is for a baby shower gift. It's the Yellow Brick Road pattern that took a small detour.lol All I can say is if you are doing that pattern follow the directions to the letter. If you don't I have tips for saving the quilt!

Thanks for the welcome back too!

Foxy.