Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer11203_gw

Kitchenaid Appliances

11 years ago

Saturday we went to sears for appliances and ended up with the KitchenAid Pro-Style 36'' Gas Cooktop Plus Model# KGCU463VSS and KitchenAid 30'' Built-in Double Oven with Even-Heat⢠Technology - Model# KEBS209BSS. They had an amazing sale but the thing is that I can't find any reviews for these item. Does anyone have experience with them? You help would be much appreciated.
PS I know i should be posted this in applances but i did and never recieved any responses so wondering if any of you guys knew anything about KitchenAid

Thank you :)

Comments (7)

• 11 years ago

cooktop

• 11 years ago

Hi Jennifer,
    We just installed a 30 inch KitchenAid microconvection oven with the 30 inch convection oven on the bottom. This is one piece also. We went with the microwave instead of the double oven like you because we do not have a lot of room and wanted a good exhaust hood over our cooktop.
    We also got a Bosch 36 inch induction cooktop because we have electric only and we did not like it. The induction is as wonderful as everyone says.
    I absolutely love the oven. I baked two sheets of cookies tonight after dinner and I don't even bake. The results were great. I did not know my other wall oven wasn't working well until we installed and used this one. I learned a lot on these boards and like you I got most of my info from the kitchen board. I was going crazy trying to figure out which brand to purchase as they all seemed to have some problem or other. It was a toss up between Electrolux and KitchenAid. KitchenAid won because the layout is so nice. I was burning myself on my last oven but this one is great. The food cooks evenly and just tastes so much better, plus it is beautiful to look at. It heats up fast, cooks quickly and evenly and turns off quick. My GE Profile in my last new home would run for an hour afterwards. I love the light inside the oven, love the rolling racks, and just the ease of cooking. The microwave convection on the top of the oven is incredible. It is very large and can steam vegetables, cook a pizza, microwave food of course and just about cook most food in small sizes. I only have these appliances for a week so I haven't tried a lot yet. It also takes the place of a toaster oven for small foods like fish sticks and other foods. I hope that helps a little. I don't have the double oven but from what I researched it is great. I went to the store originally to purchase that but my husband did not want the microwave over the cooktop and he was right. Once we took the microwave off it was so much easier to cook. Good luck and you will be happy I'm sure.

• 11 years ago

Check out AJMadison website and google your appliances. There are many reviews on all kinds of products and hopefully someone will have reveiwed your choices.

I purchased the KitchenAid 36" 6 burner and am not happy with it. I do not like the sealed burner system (I'm a chef and have only cooked on open burners) and I don't like the configuration of the 6 BTU burners. I don't think it makes any difference if you spend $800 or $8K, a sealed burner system that utilizes a round plate with the flames shooting out the sides, in no way delivers heat the same way that open burners do...even Thermidor's star shape would have been a better purchase. If I want to use the front power burner I need a minimum 12-14" saute pan..at that point with the burner on medium heat, the flames are shooting out the side of the pan and have actually discolored the stainless steel rim.
    The black coating KA uses is absolutely impossible to keep clean and after a year of trying I just don't care anymore. If I had the $$$, I'd rip it out and put in a BlueStar openburner rangetop. Sadly, I can't use my SouthBend and/or Garland ranges at home since I'm in a condo.........otherwise this KA would go on Craigslist tomorrow.
    I guess what I am saying is I took a gamble thinking how bad can a sealed burner system be....pretty bad IMHO.

• 11 years ago

Same boat here. Pacific Sales had great prices on KA, plus we got rebates equal to the amount of KA appliances we got. We went with induction cook top, double oven, microwave/hood, and fridge. IF Memorial Day prices go lower than what we spent, we get those prices too!

Cabinets aren't even installed yet, so no comment on performance.

If nothing else, the handles will all match :-))
    Suzi

• 11 years ago

@ katz.3 - Thanks for your help. IâÂÂm glad you like both your ovens. Does the Kitchenaid make a lot of noise? I am a big baker and I want something that will perform well. IâÂÂm thinking at this point I will hold off to see if I have it in the budget to get better appliances. I was looking at the Bosch double oven I heard good things about that one. Do you know what model number Kitchenaid you have?

@ harleysbud - Thanks for your input. In all honesty I cannot find reviews on the cook top I have been searching and searching lol ��" But your input was helpful since the cook tops are quite similar. I really like to cook and bake so I donâÂÂt want to regret my choices later. Like I said above I will see what we have left in the budget and if possible upgrade to the Blue Star cook top and then upgrade the oven to another brand. And since you stated that they are impossible to clean that a downside cause that will drive me nuts!! Lol Thank you for the help.

@ desertdance - Thanks for your input. I too love the look the appliances I think thatâÂÂs what sold me. Please let me know once you use yours ��" Thank you.

• 11 years ago

I have the 30" KA double wall oven (KEBS207BSS), the counter depth fridge ( KFCS22EVMS), and DW (KUDS30IXSS). We also have a Bosch Induction Cooktop 300 series.
    I love the wall ovens, I bake a lot and having two ovens, especially ones with the smooth glass door for easy cleaning is awesome. The fridge is impressive for how much it holds and I can see everything so food doesn't get wasted! I am also very glad it doesn't jut out into our space. The DW works well but I don't like loading it as much as my old Kenmore: the majority of the silverware slots are too narrow for ours, they are also very fiddly, and there's no 2nd tier flip down for small items or wineglasses. I DO love the stainless tub though as the dishes are definitely drier and I didn't want a manual filter clean-out. I would have spent more time finding a DW that met my needs but it was definitely something we didn't spend as much time on.

• 11 years ago

@suburbanrancher ��" Glad to hear you love your ovens. Do you find them to be loud? ThatâÂÂs a consistent complaint I have seen and that after self clean the oven crashes. Have you had any problems with this? I actually got a Kenmore fridge and a Kenmore dishwasher hope they work well, they both have good reviews. It was just that the KA had no reviews so I was worried.