Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abojeva

Cambria Torquay question!!!

7 years ago

Hello all

I am hoping you guys can help me out. We are in the process of choosing finishings of our first home and we have chosen Cambria Torquay for our kitchen..someone told me that you cannot put anything hot or cold on it since it is quartz and that it is hard to upkeep..i am really wondeing if anyone who has chosen thr same quartz in their kitchen can speak to that? I would be immensely grateful as we have to finalize on Tuesday our selections and we don't have much knowledge on the subject.

Really appreciate any comments or advice!

Comments (6)

• 7 years ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. One last question - can you put like...beets or any colored food on it? We currently have quartz on our island - it is not Cambria, not sure what it is. But if I put ANY food that has color to it on it, it sinks right through and colors it...It is extremely annoying. A friend of ours has granite store and he is the one who picked it for us. Essentially we are doing small upgrades on our current house and he said he gave us cheaper slabs I guess...But this is what I am most afraid of. Otherwise, I wouldn't put anything hot from the stove or oven even on my granite. But cold is what worries me, I don't want to worry if I put a frozen water bottle on it or anything. Anyways, thanks for feedback!

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for considering Cambria Quartz! We'd be happy to answer some of your questions! Cambria always recommends using a hot pad or trivet when placing warm or hot items on the countertop. All stone surfaces (including marble, granite, quartz, and Cambria) can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature, especially near the edges as well as direct and/or sustained hating of the top. Cambria may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, and some crock-pots or roaster ovens and heat lamps.

Cambria's non-porous and non-absorbent surface is resistant to staining and eliminates the need for any sealing. Its nonporous surface also greatly reduces the potential for bacterial growth from food and liquids absorbing into your countertop.

Any other questions? We'd be happy to help! Please call us at 1-866-CAMBRIA or by emailing us at CustomerService@CambriaUSA.com. We'd be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

• 7 years ago

Alex B - We've had Cambria for 4? years now. Island, perimeter counter tops and pantry. No issues with staining or damage from hot or cold. Beets / red wine/ coffee - no stains.... I don't put things right out of the oven on the surface but have never thought once about not putting something cold on the surface. One comment - our island seams are a tad dingy looking so consider seam placement carefully. Good luck!

• 7 years ago

We had Cambria in our kitchen pre-remodel for 10 years. We never had any issues with it. It's a great product. We never put anything hot directly on the counter (as Cambria said above). Simple cleaning, no sealing, nothing stained it... it was great. We chose something else for the counters in our remodel just save a little money because Cambria is expensive. But it's also worth it. Btw, I love that it's made in the USA. My home state, in fact.

• 7 years ago

I am a professional cake decorator and use lots of highly concentrated food coloring for icing and fondant. Even the brightest colors wipe right off Cambria with no hint of a stain left behind. And, you definitely don't need to worry about putting frozen bottles on your Cambria!