Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (18)

• 7 years ago

That is a lovely home. Hope she does not paint everything gold.

• 7 years ago

What is with the crooked claw foot coffee table? Is it tilted it is it me?

• 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Aktillery9 - I don't get the impression that Ivanka has the same taste for gold furnishings as her father. Her NYC apartment seems to me to be gray and a bit spare (link below) though the soft furnishings (upholstery, rugs) are luxurious.

The D.C. house is very pretty, though the decor bland. I doubt the home comes with those furnishings. Ivanka (or her staff) will re-furnish/re-decorate.

The kitchen is anemic for that size of a house. The small cooktop on the island with a downdraft vent and no overhead hood is not really set up for much cooking, but Ivanka likely won't have time to cook. But even for the caterers...

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner's NYC Apartment

• 7 years ago

Lovely home.

• 7 years ago

Perfectly adequate. I think in Invanka's case, location was most important.

• 7 years ago

I think it is beautiful and understated. I imagine she will get Celerie Kemble or one of those other NYC designers to put her stamp on it. The clean-lined kitchen looks very current, if not entirely functional bc of cooktop.

• 7 years ago

I thought the same thing. Even though overall the house looks great, the kitchen doesn't seem very functional for cooking, even if it's a staff person who cooks.

• 7 years ago

The house is lovely, but needs some work to be brought back to its origins. That plexiglass wall and that whole stairwell floaty thing to the kitchen has to go. The kitchen needs to be larger, and as others have said, needs to be redone so that it can be used for actual cooking, big enough for caterers and the help. I'd guess Ivanka and her husband will be entertaining quite a bit in D.C. The setup of that part of the house just won't work for entertaining of business leaders, diplomats, Congress members, etc.

The interior designer of choice in D,C, for that level is Darryl Carter. He specializes in exactly that kind of house, and has a great talent for designing a home that is current, comfortable, tasteful, while maintaining the bones of the house and in keeping with the period of the house.

http://www.darrylcarter.com/environments/

• PRO
    7 years ago

That kitchen with the glass around the open stairwell, would scare the bejesus out of me with small children.

House is nice - not my taste - a bit too "spare", but it's a great neighborhood.

• 7 years ago

Beautiful, impersonal. It would be fun to see how she changes it.

• 7 years ago

Somewhere online I saw that the house was built in 1923. I think if the home were to be redecorated with that in mind, it will be beautiful.

• 7 years ago

"The setup of that part of the house just won't work for entertaining of business leaders, diplomats, Congress members, etc."

Why, pray tell, would she and her husband be entertaining diplomats and members of Congress (unless as a fundraiser for the latter)? Unless they are attempting to provide them with access to the president's ear in exchange for ... Hmmm, something. Bringing together such groups is usually left to the socialites in DC, not to an insider in the WH as she and her husband are expected to be.

• 7 years ago

It's gorgeous! And I bet will be decorated beautifully!

• 7 years ago

I like it all, except for the glass (plexiglass?) wall in the kitchen which I find very unnerving.

• 7 years ago

I couldn't open the OP's link because of Adblocker so I googled the house and found it on Huffington Post's site and MAN the comments following the slide show.

Anyway, while looking at the pictures of the house all I saw was grey, grey, and more grey.

• 7 years ago

I'm wondering what we don't see - perhaps a large butler's pantry for the staff. I recently saw a butler's pantry that was almost as equipped as the kitchen, and it was designed with caterers in mind.

• 7 years ago

So cold and impersonal. Needs color for warmth.