Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cozisback

You all are going to call me crazy but...

7 years ago

I prefer today's Downy April Fresh over Wal-Mart's Spring Showers. I smelled Meijer's version thinking it was horrible, came to Wal-Mart to end up smelling the same insanely strong tartness of it.

Comments (14)

• 7 years ago

I can hear the *thud* from Larsi fainting... ;)

• 7 years ago

WHAT....OMG... nothing strong about Walmarts. Its very light..very very light .but DOWNY AF...IS LOUD.

• 7 years ago

Cedric isn't it you that likes that Mexican FS?

• 7 years ago

...getting off the floor!! LOL O M G. The current Downy April Fresh is like musty old lady perfume!! It makes me like their versions post 2008 up until now. I despise current AF Downy!

• 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Larsi...I was thinking of you today when I was sniffing a box of Bounce dryer sheets.

What will you do if they change the smell of Bounce sheets and the scent pearls? You know they will. If they (P&G) have the cohones to change April Fresh Downy liquid (a staple, signature scent) what's to stop them from messing with Bounce?

• 7 years ago

George....I wonder/worry about this ALL THE TIME! I am shocked that P&G came out with Bounce Bursts in wash scent booster with the real, Original scent of Bounce (which I keep multiple containers on hand always).

I buy the Bounce dryer sheets, as I use them in my athletic and cycle shoes...keeps them fresh and dry between uses. I NEVER use dryer sheets in the actual dryer though ;)

I know Jane hates the smell of original Bounce, but I absolutely LOVE it!! The scent is shockingly the same for like 30 years!! P&G must own the scent to Bounce, whereas they lost the rights to the scent of classic April Fresh Downy...a French perfume house created the AF scent we all miss, and leased it to P&G. P&G lost the rights to the scent in 2008 :(

• 7 years ago

Cedric, you are NOT crazy! You are brave and we love you!

• 7 years ago

I think there may be something wrong with this stuff. I'm seriously thinking about buying it and sending it to one of you. I honestly think the formula may be different because there's no way this could be the same stuff you're smelling. MamaP, I'm heading back home to Pittsburgh for Easter. Would you like a bottle from Columbus?

• 7 years ago

I just ordered for pickup from Target, Up&Up Spring Blossom. I'll report back once I've used it.

• 7 years ago

We'll see how this goes. Sidenote: Target's Cartwheel app has 20% off all Persil.

• 7 years ago

Andrew...exactly why I am not a fan of FS...it coats fabric and can hold soil and odors in. Nice story you've shared with us about your parents visit.

• 7 years ago

Kirkland fabric softener is really plant based? I wish they would make it in unscented. Costco doesn't have any unscented fabric softeners or dryer sheets. I put it in the request box by customer service a while back.

• 7 years ago

So I used Spring Bloom last night in two loads. One load was a large load of whites with Persil Pearls. Second load was a large load of white towels with Ariel (blue) powder. Filled the FS lide to level 2 which is to the "Min" line of the Elux 617. Didn't really smell it over the Persil or Ariel, which could be a good thing. Both loads came out nice and soft.