Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leah_columbia

Need 55" Double Vanity in Design of Restoration Hardware Hudson Vanity

5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have been scouring the interwebs for a petite 55" wide version of Restoration Hardware's pricey and expansive Hudson double bathroom vanity in the dark italian marble with black iron stand (attached pic shows a single vanity). I haven't found anything suitable or even in the same design vein (though Pottery Barn does have a similar vanity in it's deck called the CLARENCE APOTHECARY VANITY - CHROME which would require me to rethink the entire bathroom design). I was hoping to basically copy this Amber Interior's bathroom look from the south west-inspired floor tile which I was able to source, to the bathroom vanity from Restoration Hardware, and go bargain on the fixtures, tub and wall tile, but I need help finding a similar vanity.

Thank you!!!!

Comments (15)

• PRO
    5 years ago

Vanities with no storage make no sense to me so maybe a bit more info is what I need.That light in the pic is useless , I like the floor not the rug with it .

• 5 years ago

Hi Patricia,

I plan to put some kind of storage on the shelf, likely nice-looking woven baskets with lids. We are not into big boxy vanities at all - they tempt product hoarding and we want to keep it minimalist. Our bathrooms are on the smaller side so having open vanities with modern designs will work best for us.

Thanks!

• 5 years ago

We will also have a medicine cabinet for more storage.

• 5 years ago

Have you ever thought of customizing it. It’s console table transformed into a vanity.

• 5 years ago

Hi My3dogs,

Thanks so much for your comment. I thought about this too, but we are under the gun and unfortunately don't have time for the DIY design/sourcing materials and finding labor. I wish we could do this!!!

• 5 years ago

Hi Claire Larece,

I didn't think of finding a similar table (like a nightstand maybe?) and customizing it. This is a similar idea to My3Dogs' though and I'm not sure I have the time for it...

• 5 years ago

Right it is similar to what My3dogs mentioned but I didn’t read his/her comment. I also see that Potter Barn has another one in white for a 1,000. Do you have to have a block of Marble sink or can you consider a lesser one than a large one

• 5 years ago
    I have something similar to what you are looking for but it is wood. I found it in my local kitchen and bath store. I bought their display one. I then removed the wood top and had a piece of granite cut for it. My total cost I think was under 750. You maybe able to find something similar at a kitchen and bath store near you.
  • 5 years ago

Hi Patty, thanks for your comment! After much research, I think I’m going to buy a wooden vanity with a stone top. I found a picture of the floor tile in a bathroom with a wood vanity and I like it, so now I’m going to try to source something similar. Posting a pic of the bathroom and of a vanity I found that I may buy but worried the walnut (and possible design) won’t look right against the tile. Would love your thoughts as well as anyone else’s! Thanks!

• 5 years ago

I should have said the bathroom pic I posted is actually of a rug that looks like the floor tile (good enough for me).

• 5 years ago

Finding something off-the-shelf is not going to be cheap. You COULD get a wide trough style console sink and have the metal legs refinished in matte black. With black fittings, it could work. This one is 40" wide.

trough console sink

• 5 years ago

I hope you don’t mind asking if you can post pics of your bathroom?

• 5 years ago

That RH set up is just gorgeous and McGee Studio set it off to perfection. Not the same but maybe check out Duravit Vero Air. I think it around 48". Basically a trough,drilled for two faucets,comes in black with a couple options on the console part.

• 5 years ago

Hi Hollybar - I tried getting my husband to agree to a trough sink but he's summarily against it. Thinks I'll take over (he knows me well) :/