Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_meeks

Finished my Living Room

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

About a year ago I decided to redo my living room. I like MCM and Craftsman and so combined some Stickley seating with a long low MCM credenza and a couple of shakerish tables I already had. The lamp is an old inexpensive one bought from LL Bean and the carpet is again an old Couristan...the digital TV antenna is from Radio Shack ;-) The room's natural focal point is the stained glass window quite high up so I put the Credenza and the TV below it.

Comments (13)

• 5 years ago

Looks great! Well, except for the antenna...any other options for that?!

• 5 years ago

I think you did a great job. The room looks very comfortable and inviting.

Jeff Meeks thanked salonva
  • 5 years ago

The antenna needs to be up there to get reception. I was thinking of going over to AppleTV or Roku or something similar, but all the subscriptions end up costing as much as cable.

• 5 years ago

Nice job combining the different styles. That can be challenging, but you've created a harmonious mix.

• 5 years ago

Love your space....especially that area rug!!

• 5 years ago

Love that beautiful Stickley! Well done.

• 5 years ago

Thanks, the rug is a Couristan Kashkai that was a wedding present 25 years ago. The Stickley was an indulgence, particularly the Morris chair you can just see in the lower right.

• 5 years ago

Stickley may be an indulgence, but it's a wise investment. You'll enjoy it for a lifetime.

• 5 years ago

Thanks IdaClaire. The Morris chair with the foot stool is very comfy and the wide arms are great for mugs of tea.

• PRO
    5 years ago

Great space! I'd look at another solution for the antenna and maybe some wall art or window treatments to warm the walls up and tell the same story as the furniture below. Congrats!

Jeff Meeks thanked Natasha Martirosian at Ethan Allen
  • 5 years ago

I'm on the hunt for a better antenna that will pick up signal from behind the TV. There is art on the walls, you can see one picture and the edge of another, and there are a couple out of frame, but more could certainly be added. I'm on the hunt for something nice right now. I understand your comments about curtains and looked into them, but the current roller shades were chosen for privacy while letting light in to keep the space bright and the Mackintosh rose motif coordinates with the fabric on the settle. The light walls and white painted trim were also conscious decisions to keep the room light rather than having it weighed down by dark tones and the arts and crafts furniture, the cherry credenza and the rug; the contrast was intentional. But, the whitish wall, trim and shades are a bit of a mono-tonal slab and I think going a couple of shades darker on the wall so it's more "golden" would make it cozier, and I might just do that, of course the photo was take in full sunlight and as the sun goes down the walls warm up a bit. These are some curtains that I considered before opting for the roller shades and a night time picture.

http://www.annwallace.com/curtains/

• 5 years ago

FYI, I took the advice and went with curtains in the den. They had some old blinds before and the curtains are a big improvement.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm