Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
callmebebe

Extension cord help-best way to hide it for buffet lamps?

4 years ago

I want to hide the extension cords for these buffet lamps as much as possible. You can see the outlets in the baseboards to the right and left. I can put some command hooks on the back of the buffet and run one lamp cord to the other so I only use one extension cord. But what color cord should I use to go from lamps to outlet? Are there products to attach to baseboard so it doesn’t lay on the floor? Thanks!

Comments (14)

• 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Go to YouTube and search for ‘How to hide cables along baseboards’, to choose your preferred way.

You will need to custom cut them for your outlets.

Good luck!

callmebebe thanked Vks248
  • 4 years ago

I love the command hook idea. I have taped extension cords to the back of furniture. Hard to find a clear extension cord I think.

callmebebe thanked Stacey
  • 4 years ago

I can't personally vouch for this but have it saved in my Amazon Save for Later cart. I plan to use them for living room lamps in my new build since we didn't install floor plugs.

Sleek Socket Ultra-Thin Electrical Outlet Cover

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077NPK9GC

callmebebe thanked cd7733
  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Have an electrician install an outlet behind the buffet. That will be better and easier than jerry-rigging command hooks, and bringing both lamps to a lamp repair place (is there one near you?) to switch out the cords for both lamps, and then the cords are still going to show at the baseboard outlets anyway.

callmebebe thanked M Miller
  • 4 years ago

Lol my husband is an electrician. I lowered the art above the buffet to cover the outlets for plugging in the lamps (you can just see the white of one outlet peeking out). I have no idea why the builders added outlets in the middle of the wall instead of along the baseboard in the nook (we didn’t build this house). Do you know the story of cobbler’s children and shoes?? It is on the list for him to do but I am not sure when he will get to it. Thanks for the suggestions!

• 4 years ago

@callmebebe - might I ask where you purchased that gorgeous console?

• 4 years ago

Get switcheroos! I’ve replace all my extension cords. No need for internet like with smart plugs.

callmebebe thanked mmp01
  • 4 years ago

@jinx I am so glad I don’t have the only handy DH who has to be gently prodded into home projects. I had to make a cardboard cut out of my current DR fixture and hang it from the old chandy to get him to finally hang the new one! It drove him crazy to see it but he knew that the new fixture was going to be a PITA to hang and he was right! I got him tickets to a hockey game after he hung it lol! I might just use some of his orange extension cords to plug these lamps in!

• 4 years ago

@michelle misses Sophie it’s the Caracole Trailblazer sideboard. I think I saw it on one kings lane around Christmas much cheaper than what I paid. Lol.

• 4 years ago

The big orange extension cords sounds like a perfect idea.

• 4 years ago

Sorry, should have left a link

https://www.switcheroo.com/

callmebebe thanked mmp01
  • 4 years ago

@callmebebe Thank you! Question - in your photo the metal "case" appears a bronze color. My research only shows it in a brushed brass (not bright, but definitely not dark like bronze). Can you describe yours?

(and I hate to say it, but our local Home Goods had one in the brushed brass right before Christmas for $1200... If it had been bronze I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat).

Michelle

• 4 years ago

@Michelle misses Sophie I am not sure what the color is actually called but the legs are definitely more bronzey than the candlesticks on the top of the buffet.