Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_931905899

Wedding Favor Vote!

last year

Hello all,

I could use your artistic opinions on which wedding favor you think is best for my destination wedding to the historic grounds of the Gold Rush and for side note my fiancé is Greek.

Do you like:

Gold Rush Nugget Candy with the Mini Lantern

OR

Mini Cheese Board w/ Olive Oil

Comments (19)

• last year

I like the mini cutting boards. Maybe skip the olive oil.

• last year

Cutting board without the oil.

• last year

I think the herb flavoured ‘golden‘ olive oil is a lovely idea which marries your husband’s greek heritage with your destination location. It’s less literal.

And I would defo have the golden nuggets for kids favors too. Fun!

• last year

The cheese board coupled with the olive oil would be great. However, if guests are flying, I agree packing the oil could be an issue. The cheese board alone would be lovely.

Also agree the nuggets would be fun for any kids coming!

• last year

Cheese board, minus the oil. Add a recipe card for something you like to pair with cheese if you think it needs embellishment. Nuggets are a fun idea, but I'd be very wary of providing chewing gum.

• last year

A friend of mine once said " If they can afford the darn plane ticket they can afford their own apple and bottle of water." Skip the favors

• last year

Do a welcome bag for checking into the hotel. Skip the favor at the ceremony.

• PRO
    last year

First, elope.

The gold nuggets are too hokey. More appropriate for a 12 year old birthday party.

When did wedding favors start to be required? This isn't a bridal shower.

You're feeding them correct? That's more than enough.

The nicest table centerpieces I ever saw were arrangements of vegetables combined with can goods. Very creative.

• last year

Maybe it is regional, but typically weddings don't have favors. If your wedding is after Christmas you can spread those gold foil coins you can pick up at Christmas time over the tables and if the guest want to take some home they can.

• last year

I can’t think of what I would ever do with a mini cheese board, although it is cute. Instead, maybe do a package of spices (Greek!!) that could be mixed with olive oil or used as a rub or something, with a couple recipes. Easy to transport home for your guests.

• last year

I don't think I would do anything the guests have to pack up and take home on a plane. But I have experienced the hotel check in bag of goodies, and that was thoughful and apreciated after the trip and getting settled into my room.

• last year

I agree with none. 

Wedding favors are a thing here, but mostly it's just more stuff people have to find a place to put and remember to use. No one will miss it if you don't have one. Especially at a destination wedding. (We didn't provide one at ours).

If you must, a Greek spice mix.

• last year

I agree Anna Wallace. The last destination wedding we went to, we were given a cloth tote which had the couple’s name and date on it. It included various snacks and drinks.

The tote was thin and light and came handy. Many of the guests used it when they went the pool.

It was also an ice breaker. We made friends with other guests when spotting each other with the tote!

• last year
    last modified: last year

Most guests don’t want/need a momento, but it‘s a lovely gesture to thank them for sharing your special day. (Could say thank you in English and Greek.) Everyone loves truffles and choose packaging that is personal and reflects the overall feel of your day.

If you haven’t already planned this, the centrepieces are appreciated and just place a tag under one chair at each table. Good luck with all the planning.

• 10 months ago

Agree that the oil is bad for packing. wont make it through tsa.

I love the cheese board, but I think the wedding is about the two of you, not about one of you being greek or Irish or Australian.

I like the mini lantern that is reminscent of the gold rush setting. The gum is a tad kitchy.

Go with the lantern. It will be used and it will remind your friends of the setting of the wedding.

• 10 months ago

There is no wedding favor which will compensate for the cost of your guests getting to your destination wedding. Well, unless you give them some gold nuggets. Skip the favors. With @BeverlyFLADeziner on this one; elope, and have a party, or have a small, intimate wedding and put the money you have saved toward a down payment. Relish in the fact you gave your guests a great favor when they realize they don't have to buy plane tickets to go someplace they don't want to go (or can't afford to go).

• 23 days ago
    last modified: 19 days ago

Your wedding sounds like it's going to be a blast with such unique themes! Personally, I'd lean towards the Mini Cheese Board with Olive Oil. It adds a touch of Mediterranean flavor that nods to your fiancé's Greek heritage, plus who doesn't love a good cheese spread?Reminds me of this '90s bachelorette party I attended where we went all out with themed snacks. We had a blast munching on retro treats while reminiscing about our favorite '90s memories. It was such a hit that we ended up talking about it for years after! So, whatever you choose, make sure it reflects your personalities and creates unforgettable memories for you and your guests.

• 23 days ago

The wedding was last year.🙂🍾🎉