Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (35)

• last year

Also known as peachbloom, a type of peach colored glass from the 19th c. In 1934, people would probably have been more familiar with this.

I was hoping for Innocent Blush, which is a much softer pink.

• last year

You KNOW I'm excited about this.

Pink and (spring) green, peeps! I got two bathrooms that need it!

(Of course my bathrooms are American Standard colors, but I'm not completely inflexible...)

• last year

I was set on Innocent Blush (because my original powder room had been blush) and Skylight (because I like baby blue) but they killed most of their colors in 2012. I did one bathroom in Ice Grey, snagging one of the very last cast iron bathtubs in this color. But I wanted actual colors.

• last year

Oops I need a peachblow toilet, not that loud pink.

• last year

I am really surprised out of all the colors they did at one time that they are looking at reintroducing Pink Champagne, which I think is representative of Why People Hate Pink. It's Pepto Bismol, it's an eraser, it's Paris Hilton's Bentley: Blech

• last year

It is icky, but it's what the "save the pink bathrooms" trend requires. Fifties pink through an '80s lens?

I could be tempted to do a bathroom with lavender, fidelity to the home's era be damned. I was secretly thinking of doing the bathroom black and white with lavender paint anyway (don't tell the spouse). I love the colored stuff but the inability to replace things just wears you down after a while. White is...easy.

• last year

I am thinking of buying an entire Ice Grey toilet and storing it in the basement, just in case.

• last year

Pink Champagne replaced Peachblow, it looks like, in 1973, after 40 years. I think Peachblow is actually closer to the pink of all fixture manufacturers during the 50s-60s. Pink Champagne was discontinued in 1979 and replaced in the 1980s by Innocent Blush, which is really a lighter tint of Peachblow

• last year

Can’t do it. I don’t even like ivory.

• last year

I just voted for spring green and peachblow. My 1931 building could use two of each.

• last year

I also voted for Spring Green and Peachblow (agree with the WTH on that name). When I read the title, I was also hoping for Innocent Blush. You may recall I used this in the original master bath remodel when we added a second story to our first house and moved ourselves upstairs. Luckily, the next owners didn't change. It is such a pretty color.

• last year
    last modified: last year

Nope. Uhuh. Not the colors I remember from way back when which were actually pretty or even better were those from the early 20th c. These do nothing for me. Of course, I am with MTN on white for bathrooms, although I could possible add some delicately colored tiles.

• last year

First of all, i would never buy anything from Kohler. I used it in my bathroom and all of it has failed, the spout in the bathtob twice. The colors are horrible. My mother’s pink toilet from 1960 is nicer than any of those. No votes from me!

• last year

I don't think you need to save a spare toilet.

I've never had a toilet fail that couldn't be repaired and I think it's rare for them to be broken. I had to replace my old pink toilet when remodeling required me to swap all potties to water-saving models. The POs of my house replaced the green toilet when they gutted the green shower and half the green bathroom because they wanted a bidet model.

I would have hidden my old pink toilet and replaced it after inspection but my hardware store promised me they could get me a new pink potty. :(

• last year

These are currently just color representations. They aren't going to produce actual one offs of all six colors for the survey. They will produce the actual fixtures once the two out of the six colors are chosen.

I am not sure it matters whether you remember them or not, these are actual colors from their archives, colors that they did produce. If they were just going to make up new versions, I think they would call them something new, not just use the old names for a new color. That would be a bad idea, particularly for people who have historic matches for these colors and need a new toilet or whatever. Historically they made some subtle changes between colors but when they did that they gave them a New name, it wasn't a new version of a previously named color.

Of course even their own representations of the colors vary depending upon photography.

I am not sure why they picked these particular colors. Pink Champagne was not produced very long and I don't know how popular it was. This one makes me think they may have thrown this in so it seemed like the voter would have more choices, because I doubt it would be a winner out of the six.

Pink Champagne 1973-79

Kohler Lavender (1927-1944)

Kohler Peachblow (1934-1973)

Kohler Sunrise (1953-69)

Kohler Spring Green (1927-44)

Kohler Avocado (1967-79)

• last year

I am not so sure. In my case a spare toilet may not be a bad idea. My plumber says he can tweak old toilets to perform better with new insides.

But, my parents had a toilet tank randomly split in the middle of the night, and we had a hairline fracture develop in the rim down into the bowl on a toilet that was about 6-7 years old this year and we replaced it just in case it got worse. I have had apartments with toilets from the 1920s in them that were fine, but I am not sure I trust modern manufacturing longevity.

• last year

I don’t care what the color looks like, Peachblow sounds like a gastrointestinal explosion in June. Or a designer colored controlled substance.

• last year

Unless a toilet is white I'm not interested in owning in but I did vote for Spring Green and Sunrise.

• last year

Sigh.

Peachblow or peachbloom was a color of art glass in the 19th century, and in 1934, people would have been more familiar with the shade.

Is everyone having fun being extra negative lately? It's almost as bitchy in here as the regular forum is.

• last year

It's the holiday season. We're supposed to be crabby. :)

• last year

I voted Peachblow and Spring Green. But I really like them all and would have fun doing up a bathroom with any of them. I have a folder on my iPad full of vintage bathroom photos, including lots of original ads, mainly 1920s - 1940s. I have a particular obsession with original Art Deco bathrooms.

Ok. I’m done babbling.

• last year

I agree about getting a spare toilet because porcelain can crack. When I purchased my house, it had one original 1931 green toilet and one white one in the green bathrooms. I replaced the white with a 1950's green toilet. At some point, the original 1931 toilet tank cracked and started leaking. I replaced that with another 1950's toilet. If Kohler does make new green ones, I will have them installed, but keep the 1950's ones in the basement, just in case.

• last year

I guess they weren't doing much cocaine in the 30’s. 😎

Seriously though, as much as we’d like to pretend that looking dated (albeit still looking good) isn’t a real thing, sounding dated is also a thing.

I do hope that if the Peachblow toilet wins the popular vote it will be reincarnated with an updated name, as it is not even remotely similar to the actual color peach!

• last year

Aside from lavender and spring green, I think they are all yucky. And I love them all.

• last year

Bottom line for me? All are too ”cute”. For me personally, I prefer neutral colors with bathroom fixtures so that I, or the next owner of my home, can decorate as I/they choose. For me, these pastel fixtures would look horrid with my chosen decor of Southwestern. I would have to have these “cutesy” fixtures all pulled out. But, that’s just me. In my opinion, keep bathroom fixtures neutral so that they can work with any decor. It’s not like changing a wall paint color, replacing a toilet and sink is a much more costly reno that, for most, would require outside help.

• last year

Gardenweb: "I am so tired by the lack of color, everything is either white or shades of grey, it's so depressing and soulless and ugly"

[Kohler Introducing two vintage colors]

Also Gardenweb: "Wtf toilets are suppose to be white! Ew Gross Hideous Ugly Potentially Dated!"

Gardenweb 2006 "You have to get rid of those Avocado/Harvest Gold bath fixtures/appliances, they are ugly, they are dated, they are actually repulsive who wants fixtures the color of biological functions?" ( If you do not think you are making your point strongly enough, accuse the OP of poor hygiene).

[ What color should I paint my living room/dining room?}

Also Gardenweb 2006 "Baby Turtle. Chestertown Buff. Baby Turtle. Baby Turtle. Chestertown Buff. Baby Turtle. Chestertown Buff. These are the perfect go-with lots of things colors"

In other words Avocado and Harvest Gold.

• last year

Your pic teminds me how much I coveted that red bathtub. I used to see it in a bathroom fixture store window as I rode by every day in the bus taking me back to college from my parttime job. It was a dream of a future life. i did love the pink bathroom in my childhood home. i snagged the pink water glass when I cleaned out my parents’ house.

• last year

Pal, you are too funny. I had a harvest gold fridge and pink washer and dryer.

• last year

I can remember when my parents were building a house in 1968, and my parents had just built a small house for my dad's parents in 1966. (My mother was not about to move into a new house when her MIL lived in an old house without indoor plumbing, not out of magnanimity so much as self-preservation). Anyway, my grandmother picked turquoise for the bath fixtures and avocado for the kitchen appliances. And my sister, who is still a kind of fickle person when it comes to what she likes voted for avocado bathroom fixtures for the kids bath (being very "new" introduced in 1967) and I remember my mother dropping the pretense that we were going to actually be given a say in something so permanent, saying "Absolutely not, all the bathrooms are going to be all white and the kitchen is going to be all white". I was 4-6 when all this was taking place so obviously I was interested in design from a pretty young age. I still like all white bathrooms and all white kitchens. But I don't love bathrooms where the fixtures are white because white allegedly goes with everything and then they put all sorts of other colors and finishes in there that generally ignore the white fixtures and they look like the default because they are "supposed to be" white, and maybe something else would be better with all the other finishes.

• last year

I like colour just not on my toilets. I know toilets and sinks can last for years and a colour chosen other than white for those is nothing but a trend imo.

We're building a house and the lower kitchen cabinets are going to be greenish (BM - Nature Lover) and I read yesterday that green cabinets are now passee.......sigh. But I never knew that they were a trend in the first place.

• last year

A realtor friend refers to colors in the 50]s housing stock in this area as Minty Green, Ducky Yellow, Perky Pink, and Baby Blue. She probably has names for the other colors.

Just say no.

• last year

My parents built a home somewhere around 1963-64ish. I'm not sure what brand the bathroom fixtures were, but the master bath had lavender fixtures. The main/guest bathroom off the hallway had what I'm thinking might have been the peachblow fixtures. My grandparents built up the road from us a few years later. My papaw loved blue, so their bedroom had blue bedding, curtains, etc. and the bathroom had blue fixtures and walls tiled half-way up (all pale blue). My grandmother got her pink bathroom (a guest bathroom that she used). Again, pink fixtures and pale pink tile half-way up the wall. It was such a pretty bathroom! Back then, colored fixtures were the thing!

• last year

This is from a golf roadtrip my husband and I did a couple of years ago through small town Alberta. It was a display outside of a plumbing shop. Great recycling. 🤠 Potted plants!

• last year

Only white fixtures for me, but I voted for Sunrise and Spring Green, but Sunrise is the only one I like.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES