Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Stainless steel countertops.

last year

I am considering stainless steel counters with an integrated sink on one approximately 7'6" arm. The other arm would be about 8'6"'. There is a range top about 5 feet along that run, and then a short piece of countertop, about 15". (This is a small rangetop)

There will only be stainless backsplash around the range top. (The range top does not have one itself, but the range top is the full depth of the countertop front to back excluding a bit of space for a backsplash.

I am assuming that there will be a joint where the countertop abuts the cooktop, and this joint will be in the backsplash only.

I am actually not sure that it would get in the house/kitchen even if they could make it in one piece.

Can a joint like this be welded and polished on site or will this be hairline butt seam between two pieces of countertop.

On the one hand a butt seam will be very small here. On the other, it is probably the most visible area of the countertop and the most likely to want to gather cooking grease. And then I would wonder should I just have a seam on both sides of the cooktop instead of just on one side, visually.

Comments (6)