Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tatlor

UPDATED **ROCKER COLOR** “Which color ROCKS?”;)) IDEAS???

11 days ago
last modified: 9 days ago

Can’t decide what color rocking chairs wiuld look great on my front porch? Which one is your FAVORITE 🎉

PS.. My style BARN STYLE & MODERN*🙌🏼

I don't mind painting the white door or window outlines & columns.

Ive decided on these 3 colors👇

Comments (17)

• 11 days ago

None of the above. The space is all monochrome and needs a pop of color. What I'd do:

- Rockers in a nice bright red. Or royal blue, if you're not a red person.

- Paint the door the the same color. Add a nice wreath to the door.

- Add a couple small-ish trees (I'm thinking Dogwoods, but that's what I love and what works in my area) on the sides of the porch.

- Add some hanging plants under the porch.

- Add flowers around the edge of the porch. Maybe a few in planters.

- No to whitewashing the rock border. White on the bottom wouldn't look good, and it'd get dirty /need power washing.

tatlor thanked Mrs Pete
  • 11 days ago

YOUR SO AMAZING MRS PETE!!!✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨💫

love the pop of color idea

love the dogwoods idea

love matching the door! 🚪

YOUR…F A B U L O U S 🎉

THANK YOU, SO MUCH !🙌🏼🎈🙌🏼

• 11 days ago

From the three choices, I would possibly choose gray. Or order 1 of each to try out.

But, consider updating the front (paint front door, pots of plants, etc.) and choosing a complementary chair color.

tatlor thanked Design Fan
  • 11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

“love the dogwoods idea

Are you in Texas? If so, what area?

• 11 days ago

San Antonio, lol 🥳

• 11 days ago

“Have YOU tried it?”

Yes, I have. When I bought my first house a million years ago, I didn’t know they wouldn’t do well in alkaline soil. Bought three of them from Home Depot, they died within two months. An expensive lesson and my fault for not asking at established nurseries (not big box stores).

They can be grown well in East Texas, and from Arlington in D/FW on, in areas which have acidic soil. I’m just west of those areas.

tatlor thanked Jilly
  • 11 days ago

JILLY YOUR ADORABLE! 😘😂

THANK YOU!!!!!!! ✨

• 11 days ago

YOU'RE

tatlor thanked BPMBA
  • PRO
    11 days ago

The stone is the nicest part of that exterior now you need color so yes to red or teal for sure and unse that same color for the front door . Why the gray siding is a puzzle to me . Landscaping will bring the whole house to life for sure . Waht is your style exactly ? I am not sure if that is your pic on your site but if so hwere are you in that house facade?

• 10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

“ Hi 👋 Patricia Colwell Consulting”

The grey is not siding it‘s actually Metal..

In Texas, barndominiums vary—some have metal exteriors, others are wooden, and there are even epic ones with rock elements, adding to their rustic charm.

My style? It's Barn/Modern✨ ♥️

• PRO
    10 days ago

Oh please anything but gray!!!! I love the red one.

tatlor thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • PRO
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

We have the same type homes here but the exterior color schemes are usually a better mix .Metal siding comes in a ton of colors I happen to love metal siding but when mixed with brick or stone the siding needs to work with those . I still love the idea of red for the chairs and a huge amount of landscaping. I made the comment about you since you look like a lively fun person and the house has none of that .

tatlor thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 9 days ago

"Patricia Colwell Consulting.”

I totally agree; they usually make for a better mix. (The metal siding & color scheme.)

Lol to 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙌🏼

"The house is not fun & lively like you."

OMGOOODNESS !!!!! SOOO TRUE 🙌

If I decide to paint the outside... Which would be a massive project! And I love projects! I’ll consult with you, your opinion, which way to go.

Thanks for the comments, Patricia. ✨ Have a FANTASTIC DAY 🙌🤸🏼🐄🎈

• PRO
    9 days ago

Yes please to a bold color - I like the red and I think your could consider blue or yellow! Add some colorful cushions and you are all set to relax1

• 9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

Thanks Debbi Washburn!!!!!!!!!!!! ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Your the Best!!!!! 🐄🙌🏼🍌

NOTED 🗒️📝 make it COLORFUL 🌈

Thanks to Houzz , I made the post!

I was going to order grey!

Thought that was the modern way..

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 🤣