Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
semonem

How to make a large entry way wall look good

10 years ago
The wall looks pretty boring. The mirror is fixed so that has to stay. I'd love to do something around the mirror for a transitional / contemporary entryway. Any & all ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)

• PRO
    10 years ago
    Hi, What about adding framed photos or smaller pieces of artwork that comes in 3 or 4.

Fresh Family Home · More Info

Brettkelly Residence, Oakland, CA · More Info
    semonem thanked Annalise Bubes
  • 10 years ago
    Lots of small framed photos, pieces of art, plates, decorative items, can frame the mirror and make it more interesting.
    semonem thanked Martha Relan
  • 10 years ago
    I would add some wallpaper maybe with a soft metallic hue to blend with the mirror;)
    Edie, Self-Adhesive Removable Wallpaper, Champagne, 56.37 Sq. ft. · More Info
    semonem thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    LOVE the ideas. Thank you all so much. Have considered making a gallery of smaller paintings around the mirror. Would really like to try the wall paper idea...any photos? Thank you again.
  • 10 years ago
    You could use a new, more vibrant and exciting chandy lowered to reflect in the mirror and an upgraded ceiling fixture upstairs to replace the builder's special "boob" light. I'd replace the tap-top curtains and use poles to match the metal of new chandy. None of the furniture I see looks contemporary. Do you have some items picked out? Looks too narrow for the table m3459 is suggesting, but you can put a rectangular table right in front of the mirror and get a great contemporary effect.
    Mallin Cres - Front Entrance · More Info

Jennifer Neal Design Studio · More Info
    semonem thanked decoenthusiaste
  • 10 years ago
    Wow!! Thank you. I love the lighting suggestions and the images....need to update so many things as I transition the room from traditional to transitional / contemporary. Here's what the room looks like next to the entryway. Thank you again.
  • 10 years ago
    Thinking I'd like to see the rug turned and both sofas on or at least half on it.
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    It's a narrow L-shaped room with a fireplace on the left. Turning the rug makes it go into the dining area behind the love seat...
  • 10 years ago
    Could it be angled?
  • 10 years ago
    I would make the frame on the mirror more substantial by adding additional moldings to it. Paint/stain them a dark color.
    semonem thanked Debp
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Love deco's pictures - especially the 2nd one.

Could you upload a couple more views of the space? I'm a little confused about what is where. If you could take at least with your back to the stairs I think that would help (me anyway :)

~Lyvonne