Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkapeckopickldpepprz

Where to find Alaskan Fish Emulsion in gallon size locally?

I used to buy it at Wal-Mart and then they stopped selling it in gallon size and I then found a source at Ace Hardware (but they had to special order it for me), and now that Ace Hardware is called Do-It Center, they no longer carry it or can no longer order it. Is there any known places to buy this in a brick and mortar store or am I stuck having to buy it mail order and spend ridiculous amount on shipping charges?

Comments (6)

• 14 years ago

Have you tried Home Depot?

• 14 years ago

Yep, agree it is getting harder and harder to find. I found it accidentally about 40 miles from my home this past Saturday, so maybe try local garden centers. I stopped by Lowes to see if they carried it, and they had no idea what fish emulssion was. I had to explain it to the supervisor of their garden Dept. What a joke.

• 14 years ago

I get mine here in St Pete at Neeld-Gordon's on 13 Ave. No., it's an old-fashion Feed Store and he carries Alfalfa pellets, Cottonseed Meal, Black Hen, and other hard to find stuff.... sally

• 14 years ago

At the Lowe's store in Augusta, ME they only have about a quart or so size, but it is designed to screw onto a hose, and I not use a hose, so I couldn't even use my gift card because there were no directions for mixing by the gallon.

BTW, they didn't even have Rose Tone. They had Holly Tone, which I think I read someplace will work for clems, or maybe it was for roses, or both. But I have to do some research before I try it. I have some rhodies & kalmia that could use it if the roses & clems can't.

The next time I stopped there, I bought a bag of Garden (or was it Flower) Tone. But haven't used that yet & it's still in the car.

But I was out of town in the opposite direction from where I most frequently go today, and stopped in a garden center to look for Clematis. They had a very few plants there yet, mostly still in the greenhouses off on a side road.

But they DID have the Alaska Fish stuff in 8 oz bottles with directions on how much to mix with a gallon of water.
    They also had another brand, Neptune's Harvest,that came in 3 formulas, I think. One was with seaweed, one just fish & the other just seaweed. They were about $2 cheaper for the same sized bottle, so I got got that instead for my first attempt at using fish stuff.

And they had Rose Tone in small, medium & large (40# bag). Naturally I got the biggest one.

And they had 50# bags of alfalfa pellets, so this will be another first for me too.

Marie in ME

• 14 years ago

Right mgleason, more and more now it seems things are harder to find as a gardener or anything else really in a retail store be it car parts, or hardware store items etc. Almost seems like a conspiracy.

• 14 years ago

Called Lowes and Home Depot as it is on their sites but not available in stores and the only way to get free shipping is orders of $249 or more at HD. Lowes doesn't have a way to even order online. I will go there and see if they can order some for the store.