Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

A few blooms and garden shots

14 years ago

I have really enjoyed everyones posts. Things are just starting with a few of the earlies opening along with a few of the ones that I planted this spring that came with scapes. The asiatic lilies are starting. The new bed is filling fast with the trip to Daylilies by the Pond and to a local amish daylily farm where I left with lots, especially since they were so kind and gave us the 30% discount now that is to start in July!!! I came home with Chinese Temple Flower, Spiritual Corridor, Canadian Border Patrol, Respighi, Court Magician, Siloam Double Classic, Lexington Ave., Chinese Cloisonne, Neon Rainbow, Breed Apart, Tuscawilla Tranquility, Best Kept Secret, Midnight Magic, Artic Snow and 8 others!! I just hit the magic number of 205 daylilies now. I know that's a drop in the bucket compared to what others have, but I am thrilled, and the count will continue. I started another bed, just a corner out back that I am devoting to just Pink daylilies (thanks to you wonderful enablers that posted all the gorgeous pinks) The wood is all cleaned up now from limbing up the trees and I found in that wood pile the most wonderful garden seat, but I have to share it with Bowie, as he seems to like it too. I also have a picture to share that I actually took from my second story window, early one foggy morning of a heron that was perched on the fallen willow tree that is slowly sinking into the lake. Looking forward to lots of blooms from all us northerners very soon!!! (hope this is not too many pics, especially if you have dial up, sorry ) Cindy

New Bed filling in Quickly!!!

{{gwi:820964}}

Bowie on the garden seat.

{{gwi:820965}}

Heron waiting for his morning fish

{{gwi:820966}}

Great White, (came with scapes)really nice white

{{gwi:820967}}

Newly dug and planted 'PINK' bed, on the right side of pic.

{{gwi:820968}}

Starburst Asiatic Lily

Comments (16)

• 14 years ago

Your beds look really nice! Love the kitty cat! You'll love GREAT WHITE. It's a wonderful daylily. Mine is a little late blooming this year.

Debra

• 14 years ago

Ooooo, what a beautiful heron picture. Bowie, though...he looks like he hasn't had his coffee yet! LOL! And look at all that beautiful light, light, light coming into your beds. I'm looking forward to more pictures!

• 14 years ago

I really love the heron picture too. It just has an earie quality about it, must be the fog.

I also really love the stone edgings on your new pink daylily bed and the other bed you show in that picture. Plus you know I love those beds you did with the edgers that show in the first picture.

Bowie the cat and your red asiatic lilies are also great models for picture taking. In fact I always just love looking at your garden. Just keep those pictures coming.

• 14 years ago

Love all the pictures. And Bowie is the cat's meow. Is that another cat in the bed across from your pink bed?

Sharon

• 14 years ago

Love the stone edges -- really frame the daylily and flower beds nicely. They would look extra special once the bloom season starts.

It is so nice to see Bowie staking claim on the garden seat, while Heron commands that branch. It's such a wonderful backyard with a great waterview -- always a pleasure to see!

Bj

• 14 years ago

You have a very nice place. Love the kitty! :) Your pink beds look great. Can't wait to see pictures of blooms there.
    Michelle

• 14 years ago

Oh , I love that white daylily.That is really pretty,and the red lilies are beautiful, too..Bowie is so pretty,and he knows a good seat when he sees it,haha.

Jean

• 14 years ago

Thanks all, its funny about Bowie and not having his coffee yet, cause that was my dilemma!! Now that summer vacation has officially started, I sit every morning ( after feeding the cats of course) on that 'new' garden seat with my morning coffee or tea, and bowie usually will sit in my lap, but lately he has been rushing to get to it first!! I can't sit on HIS lap, and I have to plead with him to get down!!! I have to go get another chair to sit on. He does know a good seat when he sees it!!! It's too funny and he looks very funny in that pic.
    Sharon, the cat in the other bed across from the PINK bed never causes any mischief, cause he is cement.
    Here's another pic of Bowie, guarding the garden, which he does a very good job of, whenever he sees a squirrel in the bird feeder, he runs over, has never hurt a squirrel but seems to know that they have their own feeder, cause he never chases squirrels out of the squirrel feeder. In the pic of Bowie, his very shy mother, we just call her 'mommy kitty' is on the other side, They were both rescue cats. Oh well, lots of fun to have the critters and cats around.
    Oh, I meant to post another daylily that I was so excited about, didn't take a good pic, It was the bonus Prediction from Maryott last fall and it showed itself yesterday. The last daylily is Drop Cloth which opened a few weeks ago, on a newly planted.
    Cindy
    {{gwi:820970}}

FFO on Prediction

Drop Cloth from Daylily Manor, May 7th, FFO one month later
    {{gwi:820972}}
    Cindy

• 14 years ago

That last shot of the long, winding bed makes me anxious to see what it will look like in full bloom.

You sure didn't waste any time filling in those beds!

• 14 years ago

You have a beautiful garden and I'm jealous of your gorgeous view of the lake! I love your photo of the heron and your cats are very cute. I can't decide if I like Drop Cloth or not - the spots are interesting. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Juliet

• 14 years ago

What a pretty place you have! You have a beautiful view no matter where you look. Thanks for sharing -
    Kathy

• 14 years ago

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous! Those beds are beautiful in design and are going to be just stunning when they are in full swing! Can't wait to see your pictures as the season really starts for you!

Thanks for sharing your world,

Julie

• 14 years ago

How could there be too many pictures of such a lovely setting? You have a beautiful setting for a pastime that brings so much joy!

Bowie is pretty too. I love the red lilies, and the shot of your beds. A lot of great photos will be coming from there. Thanks for sharing.
    kay

• 14 years ago

You're a magnificant landscape artist!
    Looking forward to seeing those scenes again in full bloom.

Julie

• 14 years ago

Your place is really pretty, love the expanse of it and the trees. I also wanted to show you I have the near twin to your cat!

• 14 years ago

I see your cat knows a good seat too!!!! They must be long lost cousins at least! LOL.
    Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments. It is really all I do with summers off, but I love it. I sometimes call my yard, the obsessive /complusive gardens.
    then I find a forum like this last year, along with a really nice group of perfect enablers, just what I needed. !!! I do love to see everyones pics and blooms.
    Now I must go out for my morning coffee and race to the garden seat, We will see who wins today. !! Yeah and I am busy now cutting out just a little bit more grass. You all know how that is.!!!!!
    Cindy