Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
victoriandream_gw

Resources for Finding an Antique Dining Room Set

14 years ago

We are searching for an antique dining room set similar to the link below...several pieces, larger table, 8 chairs.

http://www.harpgallery.com/showroom/item5392.html

We wanted to purchase the set above but someone beat us to it. Does anyone know of resources to get connected with complete dining room sets like this? I look regularly at the Harp Gallery and Ruby Lane. Thanks much!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Room Set We'd Like

Comments (9)

• 14 years ago

Look for "vintage" or Jacobean revival....that set is not even 100 years old....hardly "antique".
    I don't know where you live, but if youare near a major metropolitan area the best bet will be estate sales.
    Linda c

• 14 years ago

victoriandream, This is probably against forum procedures, but write directly to me (go to my page). I can send you pictures.

• 14 years ago

Thanks, snowbaby and lindac. Yes, the sets that we've been looking at are more in the era of the 1920s. We'd love a set that is more victorian in style but seem to find them to be outrageously priced. We live in an 1892 victorian. You can visit the link for pics if you like.

Does anyone else have other suggestions or resources for making the connection to the dining room set of our dreams :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: victoriandream home photos

• 14 years ago

Victoriandream, Yikes, I just spotted a very similar set in my travels last weekend, even prettier than that one (same dimensions and pieces tho)The set I saw had beautiful inlay , and the price for the whole set was 1200.00!!! I thought it was a good price, but this was in a thrift shop in a depressed area, not the kind of place you could contact and have it shipped, a shame...I d start estate saling, visiting antiques shows, I m sure you ll find something with a little patience..I would think if you found something online, the shipping would be way too expensive...

• 14 years ago

I've had really good luck finding furniture on Craigslist. It helps to live near a large city though.(I'm not sure where you're at.)

• 14 years ago

We live in central wisconsin. I do check on craiglist but haven't found any diamonds in the rough in the wisconsin area. What is the best city to search for antique furniture?

• 14 years ago

I dont know if this is anywhere close to you Victorian,but I ve been to this flea market in East Troy Wisc...You will have to be dragged out, kicking and screaming!! Treasures galore!! They have a website, I believe the next one is June 28..Website is NLPROMTIONSLLC@GMAIL...Its on a fairground and its huge. I think around 500 dealers, loved it..

• 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip with East Troy. It looks like it was held on June 13. Bummer! Is there large antique furniture there?

• 14 years ago

I think the website has the dates, they are held at least once or twice every month in the summer, Yes, lots of furniture..Lots of everything!!! I bought a sock monkey for 2 bucks! LOL Always wanted one of those!!!