Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Karen, metal cornucopia

14 years ago

Found this at HGTV site and remembered you just bought a metal one

Comments (11)

• 14 years ago

that is pretty, Yacht. I need to get mine decorated, time is running out fast.

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

The metal cornucopias really are pretty. I can't wait to see Karen's. I want to drag my old wicker one out. I decorated it last year and was pleased with it. Things are so busy and hectic around here, I barely have time to check the forum.

Karen, last year I didn't take mine down before Christmas. I enjoyed it so much I just added a few things to it to bridge into Christmas. Worked for me.

Lee

• 14 years ago

OK. That is very cool. I'm going to have to get me a metal cornucopia. And I'm saving the picture to help me decorate it once I find one.

• 14 years ago

That is very pretty and I can hardly wait to see what we have posted on here next year. TFS Punk

• 14 years ago

Gosh, that's pretty! I've never seen a metal one.

• 14 years ago

Lee, how did you make yours work for Christmas? Do you have a photo from last year? I honestly thought they were ONLY for Thanksgiving. Glad I'm not too old learn new tricks, LOL. You gals keep my brain cells functioning.

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Karen, I just checked, but don't have any pictures.

Cornucopias probably are just for Thanksgiving, but -- gasp --I don't pay a lot of attention to that kind of "rule" much anymore.

Let's see, I know I put the reindeer (mine are not the big ones, just smaller bronze-colored ones), next to the cornucopia.

I added smallish gold satin-finish glass balls to it, and some burgundy wired ribbon tucked in among the stuff.
    I know there were some little frosted apples, but that is about all I remember.

Of course, I did take out the little pumpkins and fall leaves.

If I can think of something else, I'll let you know.

Thanks for asking,

Lee

Oh, and there were bronze, and maybe copper glass balls, too.

• 14 years ago

The manufacturers just keep reinventing the wheel to keep us spending, I've always seen the wicker ones, but seems this year the new thing is the metal ones.

I must say, I do like them, much more modern looking!

Karen, can't wait to see yours decorated!

• 14 years ago

Thanks for your detailed description, Lee. Almost as good as a photo! I'm not that good with 'rules' myself, LOL. I figure its my house and I should have what I like in it.
    (and luckily have a DH who could care less as long as I'm happy and he can play golf.)

Yacht, since I found mine in GW, guess someone didn't like the new-fangled metal things. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• last year

Where can I purchase a cornucopia like this one? It looks like it is made of metal? Please advise. Joan Davis

• last year

Good Will is where I found my metal cornucopia.