Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
labradoodlemom

Farm apron sink question

15 years ago

For those of you who have purchased a white fireclay farm apron sink, can you provide any post-purchase reviews for the following brands? Any feedback on durability, staining, scratch resistance, etc. would be appreciated!

I'm having a tough time deciding which to buy, especially with the drastic price variances!

THANKS in advance!

Rohl

Franke

Belle Foret

Whitehause

Comments (13)

• 15 years ago

Rohl. Phenomenal. Delighted. Any "staining" comes right out with some bon ami and a light scrub. I love it and could not be happier.

• 15 years ago

I have this Whitehaus sink and am very happy with it. Will say that I ordered it ahead and the cabinet maker took it when crafting the sink base. Not as challenging as the Rohl fit, but was very helpful to have ahead of time and it fits beautifully. Have only been using it about a week, and so far cleaup is easy. Soaked two roasting pans in it after Super Bowl gathering and they both fit flat in the large side -- just what I was looking for!

Here is a link that might be useful: Whitehaus sink

• 15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Alice462, did you happen to order from Home & Stone? If so, how did it go? I'm defiantely looking into ordering from them! TIA!

• 15 years ago

I also have a Whitehaus and am also adoring it. 6 months and absolutely no problems thus far. I got mine at BlueBath; they have both an eBay and internet store. Great folks to deal with, it came quickly and was insanely well packaged.

• 15 years ago

A good friend of mine purchased the fireclay sink in the link below. She loves this sink and has thanked me a few times for steering her in that direction. So far after a year of use, there have been no problems and she claims it is easy to keep clean.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinks Gallery Fireclay Sink

• 15 years ago

I did order our sink from Home and Stone and the process was extremely painless. Sink came well protected and the shipping was fairly quick. Would use them again for sure.

• 15 years ago

Followup question: are all farm sinks flat on the bottom? Or are any of the ones labradoodlemom mentions sloped for drainage?

TIA.

• 15 years ago

this forum moves so fast! If anyone has an answer to this question I'd *so* much appreciate it -- it's for a friend. TIA again :)

• 15 years ago

I don't have a Farm house sink but I have a single fireclay bowl from Rohl that I really like. It is fairly flat and there is a small slope towards the drain.

Good luck!

• 15 years ago

Thanks, homepro. So water doesn't pool, but rather drains? She'd be willing to go with a fireclay sink if it drains well.

• 15 years ago

So I found out the Belle Foret are only warrantied for 1 year. I know the Rohl is 1 year for defects and 15 year for fading/staining. Anyone have any info on Franke or Whitehaus?

• 15 years ago

I have a 30" Rohl fireclay apron front sink. The drain is to the left of center. I wouldn't say it actually pools, but I do have to move the water from the far right side toward the drain. Other than that, I love it.

• 15 years ago

Thanks for your reply, wascolette. I have a feeling that she wants a slope all over. But the fireclay is a mighty incentive in itself...