Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_631258

Style of 3 dining rooms in the Gallery

Oceanna, thanks so much for putting so many beautiful photos in the Gallery. They are such a great resource.

Can anyone tell me what decorating style dining rooms #8, #24 and $48 are?

I'm just curious. Every time I take a decorating test, it ends up that I have an eclectic style with Asian influence. I'm still trying to define the components of styles that I live.

Thanks

Thanks

Lynne

Comments (7)

• 16 years ago

Consider yourself lucky and don't worry so much about exactly what "style" you are.

The commonality I see from the three room include clean lines, lighter,cooler color palette and a mixture of woods and/or fabrics instead of a matched set. Room 8 is a different style but still "clean". I would guess you are an organized, neat and efficient person.

Unfortunately, I am drawn to the rooms that would take about $75,000 to replicate. Fireplaces, draperies, architectural statements with the furniture to match. Oh well, one can dream.

• 16 years ago

Thanks Parma.

• 16 years ago

The DR gallery is awesome, thanks Oceanna!

We're finally getting around to doing our DR too. I'm no expert LOL, still I'd love to play!

#8 looks Victorian to me, #24 definitely has a contemporary vibe, and #48 (my personal favorite of these three) has an eclectic, contemporary feel. I think it's the most interesting of the three, because of the fun way they played off the scale of the mirror frame with the thin black picture frames. The mirror's vertical placement is unexpected, and I like that too.

See #50 for a really wild example of playing with scale, isn't that funny? I thought you might like the carpet in there.

If I had to pick the common elements in the rooms you chose, it would be lighter carpet and wall colors, neutral color palette, crystal chandelier, white flowers, mixture of wood tones. You might like #12, #30 and #42 as well.

I personally don't see an overwhelming Asian influence, but a sprinkle of Asian art or furniture usually works well with more classic pieces.

• 16 years ago

Where is this gallery you are speaking of?

• 16 years ago

Prairiegirl, yes I like most aspects of the other rooms you mentioned. Now that you mention it, I can see the playing with scale. I normally like wood floors, but the carpet in 50 is pretty. Yes now that you and Parma mention it, I see that the colors, the chandeliers and the mix of woods attract me. I like the flowers too. I don't have a lot of Asian pieces, but I do have some artwork and vases that I bought when I used to travel there. #48 is my favorite also. I like the wall color, the mirror and the prints

I also like most of the components of #42, especially the wall color and the mirror.

Newhomebuilder, when you are in the main part of the decorating forum (not when you are reading a particular topic), you will see three links at the top right of the page - Discussions, Gallery and Conversations. Just click on the Gallery link.

Lynne

I didn't realize that there were more than 50 rooms. I have a lot more to look at.

• 16 years ago

Prairiegirl, yes I like most aspects of the other rooms you mentioned. Now that you mention it, I can see the playing with scale. I normally like wood floors, but the carpet in 50 is pretty. Yes now that you and Parma mention it, I see that the colors, the chandeliers and the mix of woods attract me. I like the flowers too. I don't have a lot of Asian pieces, but I do have some artwork and vases that I bought when I used to travel there. #48 is my favorite also. I like the wall color, the mirror and the prints

I also like most of the components of #42, especially the wall color and the mirror.

Newhomebuilder, when you are in the main part of the decorating forum (not when you are reading a particular topic), you will see three links at the top right of the page - Discussions, Gallery and Conversations. Just click on the Gallery link.

I didn't realize that there were more than 50 rooms. I have a lot more to look at.

Lynne

• 16 years ago

Lynne and Prairiegirlz, you're very welcome!

Lynne, I'm thrilled to see you using the Gallery this way. We certainly can discuss these pics. I just didn't answer you earlier because naming styles isn't my thing and it looked to me like they were different styles.

So are you getting some good ideas there for the direction you want to go in your own DR? I think it's educational for us to pick out several favorites and then try to see what they all have in common that we like.

Oh yeah, way more than 50 rooms - lol! That can be really useful when you have a specific question, too, like "what should I put on my sideboard?" or "what kind of tablecloth?" or whatever. That's how I figured out what to put on my coffee table. Went to the LR thread and scanned all the coffee tables visually, and made note of what was on them, then looked around my own house for similar stuff. It worked!

So... when do we get to see pics of your DR?