Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrabbot_gw

x post bath forum-slide bar shower advice Photos Wanted

15 years ago

Hi,

I have posted a question over on the bath forum and would love opinions of those here. This place seems to have so many informed people who have very nice showers too!

Short story, we are putting in a slide bar as a second shower head (on opposite wall of regular wall mounted shower head). What is the position of the slide bar in relation to valve, water supply elbow. Plumber says valve always goes in the center. We don't agree but would like to hear what others here know and think about it. Yes, it's our home and we can do what we want but want to make an informed decision. Would love to see photos of your set-up. The more the better.

Here is the link to my question in link below

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: cross post to bath forum question

Comments (8)

• 15 years ago

OK we have grohe hand helds in both kids showers and as a second shower head in the master. The master isn't relevant as the second shower is off set to a great degree to accomodate the door swing etc. However, in the kids bathrooms the shower head, and controls are in the center but the slide bar is off set. Sorry no pictures. If the slide bar is in the middle the head is off set. Think about whre you want the hose to fall as well; you don't want it to get caught on the controls.

• 15 years ago

well my post went quickly to the third page after the first reply. I'm following up here in hopes that someone could post some Photos. Any hand held shower whether it's on a slide bar or just a bracket. I need some photos to show my GC.

Please? I'm sure that all of your bathrooms are as beautiful as your gorgeous kitchens.

• 15 years ago

I don't have a slide bar, but I do have a shower with the valve placed on one end. Mine is a bizarre setup because the pipes run along the inside of the shower instead of in the wall. I'm not sure why the PO did it this way, but it actually looks kind of cool in an industrial kind of way. It ends up looking kind of like a slide bar, I suppose. The shower head is on a hose at the other end. I like it because I can easily reach in and turn on the shower before I step in. I don't know if my scenario is close enough to be helpful for you, but I'll try to get some pics if I can get my new camera working.

Bottom line is that the plumber shouldn't dictate where it goes. It's your bathroom and you should get it wherever you want it.

• 15 years ago

Thanks holligator, for your help and feedback. I'd be interested in any photos that you or anyone would post.

Maybe someone could point me to another web site that might have a photo gallery of showers? I've searched the gallery on the bath forum here on GardenWeb but there isn't much there that I could find.

• 15 years ago

I added a photo on your post in the bath forum - let me know if it shows enough of what you want to see, or if not I can try to take another.

• 15 years ago

We have a hand-held, but its bracket is mounted where a fixed showerhead would be. We like it b/c we're both tall and it puts the showerhead a few inches higher than the standard showerhead height.

No pics right now, sorry....but I suspect it's not what you're looking for anyway.

Good luck!

• 15 years ago

thanks buehl, sounds like your's is in the center too.

lucypwd, good point about making sure the hose doesn't get caught on the controls. Thank you for posting.

Thanks snowyshasta, I saw your reply on the bath forum post. I love your shower - we would have done something very similar had we the funds and the extra room. Love the rain shower head you have above. And I like that you have the flexibility of having 2 showers spray toward you if you want. Just curious, where is the valve control for the slide bar shower? I don't see it.

Holligator, your set-up sounds unique and cool - would love to see it if you get the chance to post a photo.
    thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: link to my original post on bath forum

• 15 years ago

oops, thanks snowyshasta I see that you posted over on baths. I didn't check first! :/

I replied to you over there!

:)