Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltg7

console table vs dresser for master bedroom?

11 years ago

what are the thoughts on a console table for a master bedroom instead of using a full dresser? reason i ask is, i am going to have my closets done with drawers and plenty of cabinet space, so my thinking was that a dresser would just be for looks, and not really used. on the flip side, if i used a contemporary/modern type of console table, and mount the tv on the wall, it will keep a clean look. i just havent seen any pictures of something like this and was not sure how it would look (i.e.: too empty in the room, too simple, etc).

thoughts?

Comments (7)

• 11 years ago

By all means don't get a dresser if you have no need for it. I've noticed a trend with newer housing to have a large closet that is fitted out with shelves and drawers and such so that it will hold all the clothes. If you've got a closet like that a) you have the closet of my dreams and b) you don't need a dresser.

So look into a console table or TV stand that will fit your decor and make you happy. If, once it is in place, you feel the room is too empty, you can add a comfy chair or a large plant or just about anything else you want.

• 11 years ago

I don't have a traditional dresser in my bedroom and prefer to keep things folded on shelves or in drawers in my closet. By all means, do what works for you!

• 11 years ago

thanks for the input!! that's what I was thinking. The closets are not huge but they are not small. both will have plenty of space for either my gf or I. I am having one of them fitted with a full length mirror so that she can use it when she gets dressed, etc.

• 11 years ago

Absolutely!!

• 11 years ago

so i went with the idea...see picture...simple, to the point with those two accent chairs..tv will be mounted on the wall above it in order to keep the table clear for some simple decor that my gf will be picking out...no clutter...less is better to me lol

• 11 years ago

Can I ask you a question? I love the pattern of the two accent chairs, but can you really see yourself actually sitting on them for any reason? Are they near the closets, so maybe they'd be useful for when you're tying your shoes in the morning? They seem too small for even laying out the next day's outfits.

• 11 years ago

ah they are bigger than they look in pictures...honestly, its there more so for looks than anything...just to fill a little space...im trying to avoid having a dresser in the room...just trying a different look, thats all...