Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Some photos from last week

6 years ago

-I finally figured out how to hook on the Wifi at my mom's hospital. so I'm able to post a few of the pictures I took last week before returning to Indy.

Picasso's Intrigue - This is the best bloom so far. Many earlier ones were splorchy or couldn't open properly. But when it has a great bloom, it's hard to beat.

Empire of Desire

Flying Carpet

Coastal Grand- Now that it's warmer, the blooms are opening nicely. Right now it' s tied with Scarlet Angel and Billy the Kid for highest bud count. Several fans have 24 buds

Insider Trading remains my favorite non-edged red. This shade of red just makes me feel happy. It multiplies rapidly, is well-branched and budded, always opens well, and holds its color on all but the most humid days. If I could have only one red, it would be between Insider Trading and Fighting Fire.

Ruby Lipstick

Midnight Castle - This one improved this year on height and bud count, although not anywhere close to the Floyd Cove stats. I was hoping with four fans I would get a nice clump shot, but I've been away too much to catch a multiple bloom day. This is my favorite purple. I got it three years ago as a single fan, and it has doubled in fans each year.

Memphis - I wish I would get to see more blooms of this beautiful pink. It probably will be bloomed out by the time I get back home. I have several great new pinks but I think Memphis has been the prettiest of all (barely beating out Bubblegum Delicious and Simply Charming in my opinion.

Summer Snowball is one of my favorite new ones. It's the registered height and has 14 buds per scape. Every bloom I've seen has opened well. What a great late!

Rainbow Dragon ffo - I got a little bit of a pattern, despite the hotter temperatures.

Debra

Comments (15)

• 6 years ago

All are beautiful, I especially like Insider Trading. Summer Snowball is real nice too.

• 6 years ago

They are all just beautiful,debra,lovethat first one the best and that pinl one is gorgeous

• 6 years ago

JEAN!!! Where have you been? Glad to see you posting again..........Debra: Empire of Desire always catches my eye. This is a later blooming yellow for you isn't it?.........Summer Snowball appeals to me. I like the pattern and colors. Reminds me a bit of my Pinwheel Princess, which doesn't look like it will be blooming this year.... I too like Insider Trading. You grow a lot of reds, so your take on them is always helpful...........Maryl

• 6 years ago

Beautiful flowers--my fav is Summer Snowball. Love that white eyezone and green throat.

• 6 years ago

Picasso's Intrigue and Summer Snowball are my favorite today. SS has such a unique look! I really like Memphis, what a perfect ruffled edge, I would like to see more of it too! Hope your mom is doing better with this post.

Sherry

• 6 years ago

All beautiful as always, Debra. Picasso's Intrigue and Summer Snowball are eye candy of the first order. Beautiful! Love the Ruby Lipstick trio with the intense red. empire of Desire is a beautiful happy yellow. Lovely post.

kay

• 6 years ago

Beautiful collection of blooms. I always enjoy seeing photos of Picasso's Intrigue. Summer Snowball really catches my eye as well! Wow, that bloom on Memphis looks perfect!

Lori

• 6 years ago

All so pretty. Love the color of Midnight Castle. Your Memphis has so much more "corduroy" than mine. I wonder why. Color is perfect. I love that lily. I have a rebloom scape on mine. It is still not multiplying as fast as I had hoped. That Coastal Grand is indeed lovely. But then, they all are!

Kate

• 6 years ago

You're certainly right about Insider Trading. Good clear color, opens well, holds color. not a large bloom.

• 6 years ago

Jean - We've all been missing you! So wonderful to see you posting again!

nancykvb - Hello to you also! Insider Trading and Summer Snowball are great ones.

Maryl - Empire of Desire is a midseason bloomer. It's just about bloomed now, but I'm hoping it reblooms this year. I like the color, the sculpting, and the large size of the blooms. It multiplies extremely well. I traded part of it and sold a division this spring and still have six fans. I would definitely recommend it. Summer Snowball reminds me of Razor Sharp. Sorry to read your Pinwheel Princess did not bloom this year. I was sad about Larkspur Blues not scaping this season. Maybe we'll both get lucky and they'll put up scapes later.

Sherry - My mom is doing better. They're finally letting her have real food again!

Mantis - Did you finally add Insider Trading? If so, I hope it's doing well for you.

Debra

• 6 years ago

Kate - I think Memphis has more "corduroy" when the heat and humidity are high. This is the most mine has shown this season.

Kay, Lori, and Avedon - Thanks for your comments!

Debra

• 6 years ago

Summer Snowball is really attractive, I haven't seen that one before I don't think. Picasso's Intrigue is lovely too, one of those colors that do seem to be prone to splotchiness. I find that in my garden, those prone to splotchiness really clear up after a couple of years. I almost never see splotchy flowers on Storm over Toledo & another one can't think of the name, & the first couple of years clear flowers were rare. Hope PI does that for you.

Good news about your mom!

• 6 years ago

Nancy - Picasso's Intrigue's blooms are looking much better on rebloom than on the first set. I do love the flower when it's unblemished.

Debra

• 6 years ago

These are all so beautiful. Being such a newbie, I can only marvel at the variety, and take care to listen to words of caution such as you post with Picasso's Intrigue. That one really knocks my socks off, but I think I should stick to less problematic blooms to begin with. Insider Trading is a WOW Red - will be wanting a red like that! And that last one Rainbow Dragon - what a great form! Though probably Midnight Castle is the one to win my heart.

- Alex

• 6 years ago

I've had Insider Trading for a while, but not in best location.