Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oopsie913

Need paint color idea for vaulted room! Help!

6 years ago

Comments (12)

• 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Whoa!! The photos are showing at a very wide angle. Yuck. My issue is the room just feels so overwhelming with the tall ceiling. I like cozy. The color is Benjamin Moore 'dove wing' and white dove trim. Had wanted a blank slate/canvas but had not taken into consideration the tall ceiling. The other photos are in the same area. Would it be odd to do a darker color on ceiling only? The other color you see is Davenport tan. Help? Ps. I posted this on my phone. If the photos look off, you can click on them and they are in proportion. :)

• 6 years ago

I'm hearing you ! I'm actually glad you like the white.

• 6 years ago

oopsie913, I'm afraid I make too many inquiries of folks as to where they sourced certain things in their photos, but I have to ask where you found your screen (?) with the musical print fabric? Thanks!

And I agree with nosoccermom, love the white!

• 6 years ago

Hi. I love my screen Sadly I got it at a consignment shop. Cheeeep! Oh. I just looked at label. Pier one. But it's older. Gl! Tyty. NOTE: I was just more wondering if I should just go a shade or 2 darker on ceiling to bring it down a bit.

• 6 years ago

Think texture, some basket, some plans, some faux fur throw, (love the knit throw you have), velvet cushion.

Or maybe a more Bohemian rug that picks up the blue.

Or something nubby

oopsie913 thanked nosoccermom
  • 6 years ago

I am in agreement with others...I like the white walls. I might suggest changing the beams and perhaps wrapping them in a barn wood, grey stain, or natural wood color similar to the window shade. I would move the console table to the other side of the fireplace. If the small pictures must stay I would then center them over the table. The sculptured hand is whimsical looking like it is holding up the ceiling. Cute idea but could also be interpreted as a bit creepy. I can't see the full picture of the end table to the left arm of the couch but think it would display nicely in front of the couch and the glass one in it's place. I love the feel of your home. Your back splash, color of flooring and paint are perfect. A lovey, cozy home. I apologize for getting carried away with post when you were simply asking about wall color. Best wishes.

oopsie913 thanked Christy Reves
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks so much. !!!! That extra help is very appreciated. I like the ideas. And to no soccer mom, the extra color theme in there is actually black. Would adding a pop of blue be ok? :/.

• 6 years ago

I had a great room with a cathedral ceiling that was white. When I had the room repainted, I also had the ceiling repainted white and tinted with a grey so the ceiling wasn't a stark white. It toned it down a lot, and became a lot less noticeable.

oopsie913 thanked pamghatten
  • 6 years ago

I'm working on it all. I know I'll try to find that nubby fringed rug. That was my favorite picture up there. Think I WILL gray stain the beams and pussibly just go a shade darker on ceiling. Thanks to all. This has been one room I've struggled over for years. Ps. I moved the creepy hand and am working on that too. Thanks. Sorry so wordy.

• 6 years ago

I am laughing at your comment about the hand. Know you will find the perfect place for it. See you are moving some things around. I do think it gives more balance to the room. I like your new round mirror. When complete please share pictures. I am curious to see how beams turn out.

• 6 years ago

Link to nubby rug above:

https://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-chunky-loop/Natural/200NCCL01-609.html

Use code Thanks30 for an additional 30.00 off.