Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristine_legault

Sophie's rose or Pretty Lady, which one is more hot pink?

I have a super healthy PLR and the blooms are magificent but are more mauve color. Do you think that Sophie's Rose is more of a hot pink /magenta color?

Comments (22)

• 6 years ago

Kristine, is this the PLR you got from High Country Roses? Are you getting alot of bloom off it already? Pics? Thanks!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked mmmm12COzone5
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

My PL I'd say is brighter than Sophie's rose. Sophie is a deeper pink to me. My PL isn't mauve either. I'd say my PL was more magenta but I'd need to be looking at both to really give an accurate description bc I'm no good at it unless I am. Lol

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Prettypetals_GA_7-8
  • 6 years ago

Yes, it is the one I just got from High Country and it has 5 blooms already. It is amazing . The foliage is gorgeous. It is a really pretty rose. I had just hoped it was a bit brighter, but no complaints on The Pretty Lady Rose.

• 6 years ago

That is amazing! 5 blooms! I haven't had a flush like that from the 3 I bought. I just cut off the one open bloom I have today to put it inside so I can smell it. I have a few more blooms coming on two of the plants (and none on the third) but not 5 on one plant!

• 6 years ago

I will take a picture in tbe morning

• 6 years ago

bloom number 1 a week ago

• 6 years ago

this is one healthy rose. Pretty Lady, Yes She is

• 6 years ago

Very nice! On mine the blooms are really big for such a small plant. Looks like yours are also. One of mine does have 5 buds but they are all still green so in a bit I may have a burst of flowers also. I think it must be because we got some nice rain last week. Here is a picture of the bloom I cut off the other day (before I cut it). I love the scent so much that whenever there is a bloom I cut it to put next to my computer.

• 6 years ago

Vaporvac, what roses are you getting? Have a blast . I would love to go there myself. I can't wait to hear what you adopt.

MMMM12, your PL is gorgeous. It seems like it is a bit hotter color than mine. I am over joyed with tbe growth and health of this rose. Next month she goes out in the front yard to dazzle the neighbors. I'm just waiting for a cool down in temps.

• 6 years ago

Thanks Kristine.

Mine are a hot pink color. But we are at altitude and the thinner atmosphere can affect how the colors look. However in your pics yours appear to be the same color as mine. I do like the brighter colors. Things often look washed out up here and the bright colors are nice to see.

• 6 years ago

Vaporvac, have you called to find out what hours they are in? They are not a commercially open shop so don't keep regular hours but do allow folks in whenever they are there. However you have to call in advance to find out what hours they are there. Be careful not to miss the sign. It is a small white sign similar to a stick in the ground garage sale sign right near the road. You will see the green houses on the right as you approach (coming from the east and headed west toward the mountains) on 72nd in Arvada but they are behind a row of bushes when you get close up and even with it.

• 6 years ago

My PL is a bright hot pink and Sophie is a deep hot pink. The edges of PL seem to have a silvery hue to them. Love them both!

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked aprilscott12
  • 6 years ago

I am going to order Sophie's. I already have pretty lady rose. It isn't a very hot pink yet but It is a really pretty color. But what beautiful foliage.

• 6 years ago

I keep looking for the perfect hot pink color . I have Flamingo Rosita that's getting there. I have the pretty lady Rose not there yet but I have Fiji and I have high hopes for that one as well

• 6 years ago

Kristine,

I saw a Sophie's at High Country Roses and it looks pretty much the same color as my Pretty Lady Rose. My Chuckles rose is the hottest pink color I have seen. It has a tinge of neon pink to it. Really glows in the sunlight in my yard.

There was one called Children's Hope that seems to have red and a hot pink color. I noticed it had alot of blooms on all my visits to HCR. And this time was no exception. Tons of blooms. They look like mini roses but they come in thick clusters. They remind me of Chrysanthemums.

http://www.highcountryroses.com/children-s-hope-tm

• 6 years ago

Childrens Hope, what s cool name. I like it already. Thank you

• 6 years ago

Thank you mmmm12. I love roses for a cause

It is a beautiful rose with a wonderful cause .

• 6 years ago

Decided on two, Buxom Beauty and young lycidas

• 6 years ago

I am so grateful that I took a chance on Flamingo Rosita. Thank you Lilyfinch for that suggestion. She is wider than she is tall she is getting Pinker by the bloom and the color is getting hotter. She is never without a flower and she is black spot free what a great little Rose

• 6 years ago

Hi Kristine,

Thought I would share some pictures of two of my Pretty Lady Roses. I am very pleased with the size of the blooms. My third one isn't doing as well as these. I think they like full sun and that one is partial shade.

• 6 years ago

I love this rose, huge blooms and great hot color. Yours are gorgeous.