Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manonpaquay

Bedroom in attic, under roof

6 years ago
Does someone can help me with the design of my room. My room is in the attic but is cutted in tho so I have 1 normal wall. Does anyone have an idea how to redo it? Espacily under the roof?
Love you guys ❤️

Comments (34)

• 6 years ago

Declutter. Without meaning to sound unkind, the truth is that the best designed space will be ruined by paper cuttings and whatnot on the floor. Nothing hides it. Make the bed, clear the floor, keep cupboard doors closed.

Then consider the space size and furnture sizes, assuming the current furniture stays, to work out a good layout. You'll have to give us a sketch with dimensions for help on this.

Then decide on bedding, if you're changing what you currently have. An area rug would add warmth too. Window coverings too. An dlastly you'd look for accent peicec, paint/paper the walls..

• 6 years ago

Love the bones of your room!! Windows, floor--you have a fabulous space to decorate. What I can see of your bed and wardrobe also ++!! I am not sure if your desk and chair are cohesive with the other furniture but people here are great with eclectic so I am sure you will get some great ideas. Possibly a footprint would help us. What is the size and shape of the entire space?

• 6 years ago
    Its a 7mx5m room
  • 6 years ago

Clean your room young man.

• 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would look for a long, low cabinet under the window. Turn your bed 90 degrees. Put a nightstand next to the bed with a lamp on it. Try to limit the number of small pieces of furniture in the room. And it looks like you could use a desk in the room.

Oops, now I see a desk.

• 6 years ago
    I am cleaning it!
  • 6 years ago

Do you rent this room, so it needs to be multipurpose?

• PRO
    6 years ago

A floor plan with detail would be very helpful right after you get rid of the clutter.

• 6 years ago

Sure the room is 5m wide?

• 6 years ago

When I was a teen, my father converted part of the attic to a bedroom for me and it had one sloped wall. He built storage cabinets along the entire base of the wall -- similar to what is shown here -- except he made deeper storage shelves and slide-by doors for each pair. If you can have similar storage built, I'd recommend it. If not, perhaps you can find some low cabinets you can fit along the wall. I'm not sure how low that window is, but I'd be tempted to place either a bench or low table under the window, with storage cabinets on both sides of it. I'd probably grow plants there and make it a nice seating area for natural light.

• 6 years ago
    I would position your bed, or a new, low platform bed with drawers below it, beneath the window so that I could see the stars at night! (And awaken at dawn!). With bedside tables on either side. Your desk facing the wall next to your radiator where the wardrobe now stands...and, if it fits, the wardrobe against the right wall as you enter the room. Do you really need the wardrobe? But do supply us with a drawing of the floor plan so that we can see the space. What a lovely room with lots of potential!
  • 6 years ago
    Re: Do you really need the wardrobe?
    Where else would op store clothing?
  • 6 years ago
    Given the lack of photos of all four walls, it was not clear to me if there is a built in closet. If not, then of course the wardrobe is critical for clothing storage. But a bed with drawers beneath it would also help for storage of folded items.
  • 6 years ago
    I see. It doesn't seem there is, with the bed and desk up against the unpictured walls.
  • 6 years ago
    UpdateThis is now!
  • 6 years ago

You've been very productive today. It looks much better. Now you have a clean slate to begin to design your room :)

• 6 years ago
    So now?
  • 6 years ago

I see a desk lamp on the radiator - can you plug it in and use it at the desk? I'm thinking that you need task lighting at your desk.

Others will be by to figure out the best arrangement for the furniture you have in your room.

• 6 years ago
    You have what promises to be a wonderful Parisian Garret style Bedroom here! The globe, the stack of books, the iron bed...and especially your wardrobe speak to that aesthetic. It is difficult to tell the color of your walls...but I could see a lovely very pale pink on them. You could go the vintage flea market route and find an antique easy chair, and a worn, Persian style rug for the floor. A fabric covered bulletin board with ribbons on which to tack photos, postcards, even a vintage map on your wall would look fabulous! That is what I see when I look at your now tidy room!
  • 6 years ago

What about some nice potted plants in colorful containers or baskets for texture under your windows?

• 6 years ago

Are you planning to use just the items you have in your room now or do you have access to other items in the house or can you purchase anything? I think this will help to inform the posters of your plans.

• 6 years ago

Everyone go to Manon's page and click on Activity and then on Posts. We've been trying to help here for quite a while and don't seem to be making any impact. It has possibilities, but the op seems to want us to come move the stuff around and throw out the clutter. Until she takes it on, it won't get done!

• 6 years ago
    If you provide a floor plan with dimensions, you'll get more specific suggestions. I think that your priority right now is storage. I would find low bookcases or storage benches that would fit on the vertical part of the wall below the dormer windows.
  • 6 years ago

You did a good job cleaning up. But there is still too much stuff with no home. Pick 1/3 of it to throw away or donate. Show us a picture when that is done. Then you will be allowed to move on to the next step. But not until that happens.

• 6 years ago

Nightstand with lamp. Art over bed. Cozy rug by bed. I think I'd put a long dresser under the low end of the room, and/or a chair, low bookcase. If you need to study in here, then I guess the desk is about the best place it can be.

• PRO
    6 years ago

wow. you must be a very small person to fit in that bed. since you have room underneath, grab some of these slide in storage units (or make your own) to store, whatever.

ikea closet and drawers.

• 6 years ago
    Looks much better already.
    Try the desk beneath the window.
    Move the bed away from the corner, btw. keep it made neatly too.
    Get a rug & some new bedding.
    Get some bedside tables.
    I like the book stack but in another location it would be more noticeable and less prone to being knocked down. Get some shelves for the books.
    There are still some things near the cupboard that need clearing/ storage.
  • 6 years ago

Mountain Magic · More Info

• 6 years ago

How's it coming along op?

• 6 years ago
    See new post ❤️
  • 6 years ago

Where?