Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grittyluv

Staging advice and paint colour question

3 years ago

Looking to move in a year or so. Anything seem out of place, cheap, or would look better with something added. The stain glass limits colour choices. Also, is the wall colour drab?

Comments (24)

• 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

From the living

• 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

Wall color is neutral enough, so keep as is. I personally don't like sectionals, so I'm wondering if it would be better to have a couch and an upholstered chair? Let's see what others say. Make sure to put all the kitchen lights on when you show the house. I like a well lit house, and real estate agents also say to be sure the entire house has all the lights on. Make sure to get all the wicker and wood items off the floor and corner to the left of the sectional. Prospective buyers want to see the space.

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Stained glass so pretty - probably a gallery wall of items [to surround the mirror] would detract from them. I'd try something similar to abstract piece by the tv. Remove photos. Try other than brown curtains. Maybe simple roman shades?

• 3 years ago

In LR everything is brown - boring. Take down the dark curtain panels. Pull the green from the stained glass into pillows. Remove the art from over the TV.

• 3 years ago

I love neutrals. I would leave it all but I do agree with jck to change the dark panels.

• PRO
    3 years ago

IMO use the colors from the galss for pillows , the dark drapes are not my idea of inviting and mirrors work best wheen they reflect something worth seing twice so remove that and get a great piece of art you can take with you when you go. Some lighter colored drspes and I would psint the walls anything but beige, BTW I do not think beige is neutral at all. A nice sogt grayed/ green or sage would add a lot of life to the space and still be very neutral( think nature)

• 3 years ago

White, everywhere. Drapes at all windows; no cheap off the shelf grommet tops. Are you taking the ornate chandy with you when you move? I think a simpler one would better suit your place and stuff. Be sure to center the table under it for showings. Clear the clutter, small art, personal photos and knee knockers on the floor. I would prefer a less busy/yellowish counter top in the kitchen, but you might leave that to the new owners to deal with.

• 3 years ago

saw this photo -So, if you left the mirror [or had art] --

nice placement of pillows shown: 2 solids, and pattern in middle. You could experiment with clothes, or towels laid over yours. In color[s] from glass.

Newburyport Condo · More Info

• 3 years ago

If you want abstract - an idea, not for sale.

Niche Interiors: San Francisco Interior Design Services · More Info

• 3 years ago

It looks like you're in something of an urban environment?

Would absolutely remove one of the sectionals so buyers can walk right up to the front window, give a feeling of more space. Let buyers walk up to the stained glass window in the corner where the plant is too and picture their own furniture in the space.

Maybe update the chandelier in the DR. and put down a simple rug to anchor space.

Is that another huge couch in the room beyond the dining room?

Is your perspective buyer going to have kids?

Not sure if you like Feng Shui but if you do, put the mirror above the couch in the dining room.

Agree that your artwork is mismatched and somewhat scattered in living room.

Hard to tell the lighting in your kitchen, is there a window or any natural light in there?

Love your home though and the wood floors are great! The crown molding is stunning too!

• 3 years ago

She made me think about the console "clogging the space" - bump into it, not good. I don't mind the paint color, but the rug and sofa is the same color - try ottoman or table with a glass color... whatever you find.

• 3 years ago

Fun to think about -- is house/neighborhood youthful, or traditional, or casual... privacy for windows near street - would up/down cellular work for all 3 idk.... then roman shades too?

• 3 years ago

I would change the blue paint in the kitchen to white so it doesn't fight the counters.

• 3 years ago

Muted neutrals, and nice with your wood door, etc.... bit of texture.... you're not back yet, but I want to add that removing stuff on floor will enable movement by the window...

Suri Grove Basketweave Print Green 16" Square Decorative Throw Pillow Cotton · More Info

• 3 years ago

Dressier stools and/or pendants / I don't mind little backsplash, so a purposeful repeat of warm counter in this look? and repeated somewhat in DR ?

Quorum 1 Light 6.75" Pendant, Aged Brass · More Info

• 3 years ago

Chandelier could be transitional considering view of kitchen / then little items more like the house's style and plenty of this on houzz --

William Morris Pineapple Throw Pillow Without Insert, 18x18 · More Info

• 3 years ago

This is "green enough" ... if you don't like the warms, experiment with antiqued blue end table..... blue scattered around is great with white kitchen.

Indigo Blue Floral Pillow Cover Tree of Life Bloom Hand embroidered Wool 18x18" · More Info

• 3 years ago

DR white shade might work with white in kitchen -- stools try medium tone.

5-Light Chain Hung Fixture, Antique Bronze · More Info

• 3 years ago

Idk correct size and shape - idea to add 'age' ... hope this is helpful.

Cal FX-3637-5 Rochefort - Five Light Chandelier · More Info

• 3 years ago

other colors / styles / sizes / Solid birch wood and bonded leather

Dimensions: W 21" x D 14.5" x H 31"

Elmo Bonded Leather Bar Stool, Pumpkin · More Info

• 3 years ago

$77 / If at last minute even, chalk paint or wax it.... W 14.5" / H 24

Offex Kitchen Traditional 24"H Square Rush Counter Stool - White · More Info