Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesley_dipirro

kitchen dilemma

2 years ago

I am not sure how to make my kitchen look cohesive. Paint the island? Suggestions please!!

Comments (15)

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hmmm, your kitchen looks lovely! I can always tell spaces that I love because they make me smile and your’s sure had that affect on me. I love the difference between the island and the white cabs! I honestly wouldn’t change anything!

• 2 years ago

I also like it as is. Are you doing more lights?

• PRO
    2 years ago

Looks really good, love your large door handles. Add light fixture/pendant, for jewelry effect, to dress up the space.

• PRO
    2 years ago

I'd love to see the contrast of black metal with the warm tone of the wood. I would NOT paint the island.

• 2 years ago

Thank you all for your comments! I do plan on adding pendant lights over the island. Not sure what type and color stools I should use? I’m worried that the oak island is competing with the wood floor? Im also feeling like my copper sink and oak island are not blending? I’m so confused!!

• 2 years ago

@Lesley DiPirro the kitchen looks great!

• PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Perhaps, pendant light that has copper and black to pull in sink and hardware color.

• 2 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely. The variety of materials you have used in the kitchen are harmonious and makes the kitchen uniquely yours. Enjoy it ! As you ask about lighting and stools, consider wicker or rattan to add a "nature" feel to the kitchen or add a color via your light fixtures and painted stools. You have good taste; trust it.

• 2 years ago

In my opinion your floor is not competing with the island, it is contrasting, and that is a good thing. You don’t want it blending together. Just add some fun copper accents to bring it together.

• 2 years ago

Thank you all for your great comments! Next question…what color paint should I use? I tried 2 samples by Benjamin Moore, Edgecomb grey, and Revere pewter. Thoughts?

• 2 years ago

I have used BM Balboa Mist in my kitchen+ dining room which has windows facing south and west. The only true way to see if a paint color works is to try it out in the room. And I would also

advise that you think about soft blues in your space.....gray is really so overdone...go with your heart.

• 2 years ago

I like the top sample. That’s the edgecomb gray right?
    Balboa mist is also a good neutral.
    But you would have to sample any colors you go with.
    I might also sample some blue colors if that fits your style

The kitchen is magnificent!! I love the island!! It’ll all come together. 💖

• 2 years ago

The sink was the one thing I wasn’t sure went with every thing else but I love the idea of using pendants with black and copper. That would make it all work. As far as paint, I agree with those that suggest looking beyond gray.

• 2 years ago

Check out BM Manchester Tan.

• 2 years ago

https://www.pearedcreation.com/

Check out the lighting at this link.