Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
urzababa

How to frame a utility floor drain under a kitchen sink

last year
last modified: last year

Hi,

I am thinking of putting a mop sink in my kitchen because I don't want to fill my mop bucket in the kitchen sink and I want to be able to dump out the mop water without running over to the nearest toilet (upstairs). I would like the mop sink located in the kitchen where the mopping is done. I had this idea that I could put in a floor mounted mop sink under the kitchen sink so that I don't have to dedicate extra space for this utility sink. I hope this clarifies what I what I am hoping to achieve. I am not sure if I need this utility sink to be a floor mounted mop sink or a shower pan drain. I am trying to figure out the best, most efficient way of achieving this idea without sacrificing too much kitchen space for it. Your ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Comments (11)

• last year

How would you even access or operate a second sink underneath the first sink? The pipes would be in the way. Would you sit on the floor? And WHY? Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do here?

• PRO
    last year

A floor drain? Is this installation in a basement below grade?

• last year

Why do you want a double decker sink?

• last year

In my location I don't believe you can have an above grade floor drain outside a shower in residential construction.

urzababa thanked palimpsest
  • PRO
    last year

I have no clue as to what you are asking . Why do you have a floor drain in a kitchen or under a sink? Post some pics .

• last year

Let me clarify. I want to put in a mop sink since I don't want to fill my mop bucket in the kitchen sink and I want to be able to dump out the mop water without running over to the nearest toilet (upstairs). I would like the mop sink located in the kitchen where the mopping is done. I had this idea that I could put in a floor mounted mop sink under the kitchen sink so that I don't have to dedicate extra space for this utility sink. I hope this clarifies what I what want to achieve. I am not sure if I need this utility sink to be a floor mounted mop sink or a shower pan drain. I am trying to figure out the best, most efficient way of achieving this idea without sacrificing too much kitchen space for it. Again, your ideas are welcome. Thank you.

• PRO
    last year

How would you empty a mop bucket into the floor mounted sink with the pipes from the kitchen sink above in the way please?

• last year

Put in a double kitchen sink and reserve one side for your mop bucket.

• last year
    last modified: last year

I like to clean my home, I have things and finishes that make it easier. I have toe kick vacuums (yup I like gadgets) and 2 utility sinks (garage and laundry) and im not sure how much effort a setup like this would save (if its even doable). Where is your second thought of where you would put another sink? It stinks to carry and dump water, i get it. I mop every couple of weeks, In between ill either steam mop the floor (which really cleans it streak free or I have a microfiber swiffer like mop for touch ups. I only do a whole home mop because I like the smell of the cleaner. I dont know that I would do something that permanent for a mop. Do you have to mop super frequently because the floors get pretty grubby? we use a lot of mats and a no shoe policy it helps.

• last year

How are you going to completely empty the bucket under a cabinet?

Do you have a laundry or mud room where you could install a floor mop sink? How about in the garage?