Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_762013

need help with stairs please !!!

last year

Hi 👋 I need some design ideas . We are ripping out stairs and redoing it and laying down new pavers as well . Should we do it in brick ? The layout will stay the same or something else like neutrals stone . I don’t want to steer to much away from the brick on the house now. Pic of current stairs and pavers that will be placed . Looking for more contemporary look .

Comments (14)

• PRO
    last year

Brick make terrible stairs, particularly in freeze-thaw areas.

• last year

I think the sample pic you chose looks too grey with your tone of brick. (Not sure if you were posting an exact color or just inspiration for the typle of stone.)

• PRO
    last year

I don't know what that contraption is acting as a canopy but it's just not working for your space. I cut it back

• last year

@joseph the steps would be bluestone and the side of the stairs would be made of brick is what I’m thinking of doing

• last year

@kendrah hi that’s the tone I was thinking but open to suggestions.
    this is nicolock and is in our budget kind of limited bc of budget .

• last year

@beverly we just put up the awning and love it ! Will not be taking it down

• PRO
    last year

Can you post another photo in better lighting? the photo is blurred and so dark we can't see the any of the colours properly to make any comment.

• last year

Is this better ?

• PRO
    last year

In my opinion something grey like concrete pavers or rugged look grey stone tiles would be a good option. It will go well with the surrounding urban landscape too and not look out of place.

• PRO
    last year

Much better thank you!

• last year

Something like

Pelham Shingle Style for a Modern Family · More Info

with a railing on the left?

• PRO
    last year

Below I show the Stone Ridge Oceanic Blue you're considering for your stairs and back yard. I suggest your paint all doors white as well as the trim on the house and new wood railing that will match your window frames. I don't have any dimensions but if you are able to place the stairs facing the patio it would make the area more inviting and you'd be able to place your BBQ against the brick wall and have a large area for your dining table and chairs.

• last year

@lisedv wow thank you for this it’s so helpful. We have considered facing the stairs out but thought it would take up more room . But I’ll have to reconsider after this . Thank you 😊

• last year

Consider making the stair landing wide enough that you can put a narrow table or bench (minimum 12") at the side. When you 're taking food and dishes up the stairs, it's so convenient to put things down for a moment to open the door. Or for the indoor cook to put a few things down on the bench, and the outdoor cook (or helper) comes up the stairs and gets them. We have a bench just outside our kitchen door and it's used all the time.

I much prefer the look of the front-facing stairs.

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus