Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shivangi_gupta

need help with my sectional sofa.

10 years ago
I have three piece sectional sofa. And now I don't want to put it as a sectional sofa. Ideas how can I put three pieces separately. Have attached two pic of the sofa which I have dismantled and other of the space.
Thanks.

Comments (22)

• 10 years ago
    Anything besides lining up on wall. Float In Room more.
  • 10 years ago
    It looks like a pediatrician's waiting room. If that's the look you're going for, you've nailed it.
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I think the chaise part would be nice near the window with a nice table, lamp and throw. Put a piece along the railing and the other across from it if possible. Maybe a rug and coffee table between them?
  • 10 years ago
  • 10 years ago
    Thank you all for the wonderful advice. I have made few changes hope it works.since we are on a tight budget I made changes with what ever I had at home.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I would turn chaise to face into room other than that looks good.
  • 10 years ago
    Looks like the piece on the far right is sort of behind the one in the center. I would pull the arrangement apart enough to fix that. Looks like you will need a bigger rug to group around. Could try putting your existing rug on top of a larger sisal or jute one.

You are getting there! This photo shows a rug on top of another rug:
    Craftsman Charm · More Info
  • 10 years ago
    I noticed that with the overlapping, too, and it sure seems like there is room to pull them apart a bit.
  • 10 years ago
    Is there room to center the couch with the middle window?
  • 10 years ago
    Yes Abby there is room and I fixed it. Made changes. How it looks now.
  • 10 years ago
    Thank you! Love it centered. Hmmm......what about the open chaise in front of the open railing and the love seat in front of the wall instead? Seems like the love seat would have more room if it switched sides, too, so the two pieces still do not overlap.
  • 10 years ago
    Abby thank you for the quick response I made this change rather then moving the loveseat let me know your views..
  • 10 years ago
    I realize the chaise that direction faces the window and the couch, but for some reason, it still feels/seems backward. Can you put the back on the window wall and angle it so the feet end up somewhere on the rug? This may mean the side table on the side moves, but that will still work.
  • 10 years ago
    Thank you once again Abby I made some changes. Moved the rug since its small. When I have a budget I will buy bigger one. Let me know how u feel now
  • 10 years ago
    This change made by my hubby
  • 10 years ago
    Try one more pull on the chaise.......is there room to put the back on the wall and have the long part striaght out in to the room, facing the top of the stairway? Slide the side table over to put beside it.
  • 10 years ago
    Let me know your views Abby. Thanks for quick response.
  • 10 years ago
    I am not feeling the U shape in this room. Thought if you switched the chaise direction so it did not match and line up with the rest, it might help change that feel. Thought if it stuck out with just the back on the wall might be worth a shot???
  • 10 years ago
    It looks awkward any way you put it. I'd put it back together as a sectional and face it either toward the stairway or the windows, floating away from the wall.
  • 10 years ago
    Try this please: Pull the chaise WAY back to almost where the rug is piled up. Place it angled at 45 degrees.

Room needs a real coffee table. Right now there is no variety and too much upholstery.
    Contemporary Residence Boca Raton, Florida · More Info
  • 10 years ago
    I realize I'm late to this discussion, but can you try it like the "Laguna Beach 2" picture posted above by pcmom1? The sofa on the left, the armless 2-seater piece with its back to the window, and the chaise piece along the stair rail. It's the same orientation that the pieces would go together if they were reassembled as a sectional, but pulled apart.