Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
novice0

Garden Alvarez over Wall to wall

5 years ago
I had posted previously debating about this Crate and barrel rug over wall to wall . It came in yesterday.

Comments (22)

• 5 years ago
    Here we some colors of the new furniture. 1st swatch -sofa and loveseat , 2 nd swatch 2 recliners . Remaining swatches are possible ottomans
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I saw your previous post- [https://www.houzz.com/discussions/would-this-carpet-drive-you-batty-dsvw-vd~5674072?n=51[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/would-this-carpet-drive-you-batty-dsvw-vd~5674072?n=51)

I'd pay the $200 change out fee for a carpet that doesn't show every foot print. I'm sure that's cheaper than the cost of the area rug.

• 5 years ago
    lil s, I am still going to change the wall to wall. I was always buying an area rug to add color. The houzzers corrected me earlier in my bland choices for my living room so I was adding it to blend my brown and beige furniture together as well .
  • 5 years ago

I think it looks very nice and a good choice, enjoy!!

• 5 years ago

Do you think that this size overwhelms the space? It is a 9 X 12. (The next size smaller is an 8 X 10 so it mainly be under the sofa, loveseat, ottoman area)

• 5 years ago

Tatts, I get what you are saying. When I look at it, I was mentally trying to put into words what I was seeing and you summed it up. I thought perhaps a smaller size would help a bit. It accomplishes what I am looking for to tie my furniture together but.....

• 5 years ago

Sorry, I don't think the area rug ties into the new sofa/loveseat colour very well. I would skip the area rug for now and use pillows/throws/art/lamps to bring the room together.

novice0 thanked lopipopi
  • 5 years ago

lopipopi, thanks for your input, I would rather hear opinions even if it is a bummer. I just wanted to make sure that you were not looking at the current furniture that is in picture. We are getting a new sofa and loveseat in the brown leather swatch and 2 recliners in the beige leather swatch. An Ottoman and possibly a chair to be determined. Thanks for your opinion

• 5 years ago

What does your gut tell you? I love the rug, but not over the carpet. The only fabric of the three I would use for the ottoman is the teal, if you keep the rug.

novice0 thanked houssaon
  • 5 years ago
    My gut is telling me that I like the carpet for the added color but I don’t love it over the wall to wall. But when the new furniture comes I need to tie the two colors together as well as my beige walls and carpet. Everyone is suggesting to let the pillows , lamps , decor do that so hopefully that is enough
  • 5 years ago

My only other thought on making the rug work was just to try a smaller rug and just have it under the sofa, loveseat and ottoman. The 2 beige recliners will look bland but hopefully the room will tie together someone. I am a bit discouraged though

• 5 years ago

I don't get it, if you are still going to change the wall to wall, why not just get a patterned wall to wall and forget having one carpet over another? I would love that new area rug or something similar as your wall to wall!

• 5 years ago

doods, I didn't know there was such a thing as a patterned wall to wall. According to the carpet installer I would have to stay in the Dreamweaver line of carpets

• 5 years ago

hmmm... I see patterned carpets in hotels etc, but maybe not available in non commercial use, would have thought so, however maybe not if you have to stick to Dreamweaver. Might Dreamweaver have something with the same depth of color as your area rug. IMO your wall to wall is too light in color for your furniture, which is why it doesn't tie things together as nicely as the area rug.

• 5 years ago

I can look when I go in to change the wall to wall. This living room is giving me a headache!

• 5 years ago

novice0 - I can relate not being a pro, I get headaches too when trying to pick paint colors, etc... fun but not fun lol. Maybe one of the pro's following this could add some thoughts on wall to wall carpet colors as to your room.

novice0 thanked doods
  • 5 years ago

Not sure how to get the Pros to take a look at my post, I am such a pain, lol! Perhaps I will try and post this thread again and ask for their help, thanks doods!

• 5 years ago

That rug is great but concur that over the wall to wall, it doesn't work. Yes, do start looking for a patterned wall to wall since the rug you chose would be way too much over a larger area. Maybe you can call in a designer for just that because you don't want to wind up with hotel lobby carpeting with too much pattern. Here's wall to wall with an interesting use of a pattern.

You did have a good instinct about the colors, which do tie in well with your future new furniture.

novice0 thanked housegal200
  • 5 years ago

If it doesn’t match your dog, or the cat vomit, it’s a waste of money.

• 5 years ago

I like the rug with all of the swatches except the far left (brown one). I believe that's the swatch for the new sofa and loveseat? The rug is "okay" with the brown, I just think you could do better. When will the new furniture arrive? When do you have to make a final decision about the rug?

• 5 years ago
    Lopipopi,

The furniture should be in next week and I have 6 days to decide on the rug. The new wall to wall now has to be reinstalled So we are on hold until that it done. Fun mess I got myself into :)