Olive Tree LaneModern Living Room, San Francisco
Need help for choosing a place of window.
- I renew my setting room and we broke the wall to Chang the door entrance and get more space ,I need your advise for the size of the window ?and the place?
Is the ledgestone natural stone or artificial stone
- can I use artificial stone as the link http://www.cultural-stone.com/e_products/?big_id=1 for fireplace?
Sound deadening interiors for quiet home
- We are in the process of designing new home and a very important priority for me is to have an intentionally designed quiet home. Homes that have wood floors and hard walls and lots of glass and stone are way too loud for me. How are quiet homes designed?
Need help with wall hanging ideas.
- Need help for a wall area over a white hutch against a cream wall. Colors are reds, blacks, sage greens.
How can I publish my work here?
- Hello. I'm trying to get my idea exposed.
Is there a way to use this great platform for that?
Design ideas for a very small one bedroom condo with a very small closet place?
- Moved to La Jolla. Houses are smaller and closet space is nonexistent!
Thank you for the information on the floors. I would like to ask you help with my fireplace. My room is 15x18 with a 14 ft ceiling. It is an open concept so alot of space around. I was thinking of using a slate fireplace on a wall that is 6 ft by 14 ft. I want an elevated fireplace. I am stuggling with how big the firebox should be and how high. Next to the fireplace are two two foot wide floor to ceiling windows. Any thoughts
- Looking for wallpaper titled Bibliotech, refined china cabinet, bookcase look. Thx
Need help for living room and my kitchen
- I am looking to reprint my kitchen and living rooms what are the popular colors for these rooms?
What paint do I use on furniture?
- I want to paint some bar stools and a buffet table. I want it look shiny. What is the best product to use?
Tin framed mirror
- I would like to purchase a uniquely crafted tin framed mirror. Anyone know where I can get one?
Help with window coverings
- I would like to convert my drapery panels from my apartment for use in my new home. The rod pocket panels are not wide enough to fit the new wider windows but I have enough to sew two panels together and use a total of 4 panels per window. I have been pulling out the top 2 pocket seams, pinning the drapes together, sewing long side seam, pressing seam, then redoing the top rod pocket seams. I'm having difficulty feeding the rod by the newly made seam.... Is there an easier or better way to do this?
Pearl gray paint color
- I am looking for a Gray paint color that has a pearly hue. Any suggestions??
What direct vent fireplaces are recommended?
- We are thinking of installing a fireplace in our small family room
Love the tile finishing upto the metal trim of the fireplace. How do you provide access for the FP controls?
- I have a Montigo gas fireplace myself. Wondering how to cover the 6 inch or so metal border at the top and bottom of the fireplace. Challenge for me is how to have the stone tile guy finish this close to the trim and still provide access at the bottom for controls and servicing. Would appreciate if you could provide some suggestions. Thanks
what is the smallest square footage for a couple to live in?
- We are looking to down size everything. The largest is the house to an apartment, probably a coop.
- Building a new house and need help. How many south Africans active on houzz? I need advice suiting our climate e.g. Would you recommend using uPVC window frames in the northern cape?
I have a nine foot by ten foot by two foot recessed space in my tv room. Want to do a built in entertainment c
Proper rug dimesions
- I had a large antique rug in our living room but want to put in master bedroom wondering what are the standards for a rug in a room
Mellow, cheery color for a bedroom?
- I need a color to tranquilizer me in my bedroom. I'm thinking of a yellow. Thoughts?
Can I waterproof oak beams to include them in a shower?
- We want to put a shower in one end of the room that has oak beams as features. The roof here is sloping so we will need to build in the shower cubicle. Is there any way to leave the beams exposed?
Cedar picket fence design
- Just need a few ideas for an outside cedar picket fence. 6 foot tall x 8 foot sections,
Bead board in a bathroom
- I have damaged drywall in my bathroom from tile removal. What's the least costly way to fix this? I was wondering if bead board would be best and least costly. How does bead board hold up in a bathroom? What about warping?
- Moved to a bigger place. I have more storage than I could imagine. Where are the best places to store silverware ,pots and pans and glassware.
Handrail of Stairway to Deck Leading to Front Door
- 3-step wood staircase to front doorway deck needs secure handrail. Deck leads to front door about 5 feet from top step. Ground is 5feet from front door. What are designs for such a handrail?
Technichal problem i updated the houzz version and lost most of my houzz marks!!!
- Can you help me find my houzz photos.
Window coverings for sliding glass doors
- What would be the best coverings to keep window unblocked
Need help with kitchen paint colors
- Should I or could I use the same color for the ceiling that I already used on the trim and doors?
Dark wood doors, dark wood trim... How to decorate a lake house?
- We have a lake house with dark wood doors and trim, but beautiful oak cabinets... How do i decorate/upgrade as cost effectively as possible?
Kitchen color scheme
- Our kitchen island is a gray color with brown highlights and a multicolor marble top (browns, blacks, whites, grays) and our wall cabinets are off white. We are using stainless steel appliances, and a stainless steel farmhouse sink. The wall cabinets will have a black granite countertop. Our kitchen hardware is bronze with a slight copper highlight. I was just wondering if the copper and stainless steel will clash. The copper highlight is very subtle but I am concerned about it.
Would like to purchase end tables made of tree roots
- I would like to see end tables made of tree roots
Need opinions on porcelain tile that looks like hardwood flooring
- We are mulling over options for our flooring. Considering hardwood but have been told that porcelain tile can look exactly the same with less maintenance. Any suggestions or opinions? Thank you!
Family room space fireplace
- I would like to know the energy efficiency of the double sided panoramic fireplace. Will this unit assist in reduction of my energy bill. How long will it take for the cost of the unit to be recovered by energy savings? What is the approximate cost of a unit like this?
Help remodeling a small kitchen
- Have a 150 sq ft kitchen. Basically walk in back door and everything is on right and left. Sink dishwasher stove/oven on right and refrigerator on left with doorway into dining room. Any ideas?
Help for remodeling a small bath
- I am having a ha,rd time visualizing my tub becoming a shower and what colors to use for the floor or the stall
Color scheme to inspire and support learning and creativity for youth
- We are transforming program space for in-school youth. With varied lighting/windows, what are color palettes conducive to active learning and creativity?
Need help for powder room
- We have a tiny powder room and we have chosen a small, rectangular white sink and regular sized toilet. We need to choose tile for the floor and we also want to put tile up the wall behind the sink. The wall colour is BM Balboa Mist, ceiling is Cloud White. What tile chooses would you recommend?
- I want to have a miniatura golf in the second floor of my house, do you hace photos that can help me to inspire.
That you so much.
Is it possible to add a style category for cottage or beach cottage
- Would make it easier to sort to a smaller number of items to search through
Love this site
- Can this stone be plastered onto the wall of an existing fireplace to get this effect or would I need to start again to get the stones to fit on neatly?