okiedawn1

U. S. Seasonal Drought Outlook: 7/21/2100

I've linked the U. S. Seasonal Drought Outlook that was released today.

The Forecast indicates the drought conditions will persist or intensify in most of Oklahoma.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:188533}}

• redding

I couldn't resist. My cousin posted a photo of this sign found in Texas this week.
    Can we tell him that he's more than welcome to it?

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7

That is just hysterical!!!!

I grew up in Texas and heard constant comparisons between our weather and the Devil's weather all my life. They still make me laugh.

I really feel great sympathy and empathy for all Texans. I love the state and even though I'm an Okie now, I am a native Texan and I think you carry that with you wherever you go. The drought there is so much worse that what most of here have experienced so far (except for the Altus, OK area) and it is hard to comprehend just how extensive the damage there is unless you can see it for yourself.

My DH works in Dallas and I usually get up very early in the morning to talk to him while he drives home so he won't fall asleep on his 80-mile commute. When I called him around 6 a.m. this morning, the temperature there was 88 degrees. Eighty-eight degrees at 6 a.m. is too hot!!! If that's the coolest part of the day, just imagine what the rest of the day will be like. During the last few days, Dallas has been setting a very odd record---they've been recording the 'highest' overnight lows ever recorded in Dallas on those specific days. I suppose record high lows is better than record high highs.

With the hottest part of the year--late July/early August--looming, I keep wondering how much worse it will get before it gets better.

• redding

Someone replied on Facebook that he's not only welcome to have it back, but they'd even gift wrap it for him!

I don't even want to think about August. One day at a time, and try to keep things alive, is the way I'm handling it. We had to drain some water out of the little aboveground pool, and we hooked up a hose so that every drop went into the flower bed. Even the pool itself is an extravagance, but we look at it as stored water for an emergency.

Pat