Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

fyi: bb&b not accepting coupons anymore?

15 years ago

I'm not 100% sure if this is true but, my sister was at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and the sales associate told her that after February 28th, they will no longer accept coupons now that their major competitor is out of business.

Has anyone else heard this? If it's true, any of you were holding on to a few you might want to use them before the end of the month.

Comments (13)

• 15 years ago

I haven't heard but it wouldn't surprise me. I figured they would stop sending them or at the least not be as generous with them.

• 15 years ago

I got one of the regular BB&B coupon cards in the mail earlier this week. Today I got a "welcome to the neighborhood" coupon for 20% off an entire purchase. That one doesn't expire until 5/8/09. :o)

• 15 years ago

Funny, I was wondering just the other day if they would feel like they no longer needed to compete! I seldom would shop there if I didnÂt have a coupon.

• 15 years ago

exactly. without the coupon, there is little reason to shop there. All there items can be found at other stores which do have discounts (Macy's etc) or online.

• 15 years ago

With that reasoning, I never should have gotten coupons, as the closest Linens N Things was 75 miles away. BB&B doesn't have any competition in my city, yet the coupons came every week or so.

Hm.

• 15 years ago

I found something on the internet about it. They will no longer accept competitor's coupons, and some stores will no longer accept expired coupons, it may vary from store to store.

• 15 years ago

I don't think the coupons were a matter of competition. My good friend works for a manufacturer of retail home linens. LNT was one of her accounts. She told me that they were owned by the same company..

• 15 years ago

I have heard similar things about the coupons but have not tested my local store's policy yet. I do know that Buy Buy Baby stores (owned by the same parent company) will take UNEXPIRED BB&B coupons. I also read that Macy's will accept BB&B coupons in their housewares department (but it might take awhile to find an employee who is aware of this "informal policy"...is that an oxymoron?).

• 15 years ago

Our BB&B will take their own coupons, expiration date doesn't matter.

• 15 years ago

I just rec'd. a printable email 20% coupon. My local store has always taken expired coupons (up to 5 per visit) & that was still true last week.

• 15 years ago

Was just at our BB&B this morning and talked to the young man helping me about their coupon policy. He said all stores are corporate owned and policies should be the same. They just recently stopped honoring Linens 'n Things coupons even though the stores closed in November. When I lived in Spring TX the BB&B there accepted expired coupons but when I was with my DD in Bellingham MA the guy there would not accept my expired coupon. Wish I had known this and I would have challenged him on that. My nearest store is in Rogers AR now and he said Corporate decides when to send out their coupons but they would take expired coupons if I did not have a current one.

• 15 years ago

The last time I was at BB&B was 2 weeks ago and I remember seeing a sign on the window... as of Feb 28 they would no longer be accepting Linens N' Things coupons. I was surprised they were extending it that long. But no notices about their own coupons so I assume nothing has changed as far as that goes.

So where are my BB&Y coupons? They haven't sent me any in weeks which is highly unusual because I used them as soon as I received them so they know I'm a regular customer. I am starting to get a little worried that their coupons will stop OR become few and far between now that their competitor is gone. Well I've got news for them. I won't shop in their store unless I get my coupon! lol I can hold out longer than they can. ;-)

• 15 years ago

Funny, IÂve been waiting for one to show up too!

I didnÂt know they accepted expired coupons!

"expired coupons (up to 5 per visit)Â"

And more than 1 per visit? It says right on them only one per customer per visit! I never asked them to take moreÂnever thought I could! Another "unofficial" policy?