0

Delicatus Granite slab pics

prestonbeary

We finally went looking at 2 granite yards last week, lots to look at but I was drawn to Delicatus (or Juparana Delicatus) and Sienna Bordeaux. Forgot to get a pic of Sienna Bordeaux but I took a few pics of slabs that interested me.

Anyone care to show off their Delicatus kitchen so I can visualize???

Delicatus

Mars Calzone Latino

Persian Sun

Ambrosia White

• megradek

well, it's not in my kitchen, but I have delicatus in my girls' bathroom and the laundry!

• cininohio

My vote- #2 or #3, but I have copper canyon, so I am in love with the graining.
    Mairin/your bathroom is lovely! My question,, where is the make up, curling iron, straightener and blow dryer? That is what my daughters' bathroom has in it. lol

• akrogirl

No photos to share, but just wanted to say that I absolutely love the Ambrosia White! I don't think I have seen that one before, but the swirls and chunks of garnet are fabulous.

• kimran

Hi,
    We just installed "Splendor", supposedly a type of delicatus. We originally had a delicatus reserved w/ a deposit and it was "sold out from under us." Talk about grief! It was the 1st thing we chose, so many choices were made around it. We tried to find something similar and are happy with it. Here are some pics of it in various stages. Oops! Looks like I still don't know how to post photos...they're all different sizes...

• ccoombs1

Delicatus is a stone that varies quite a lot. Some of it is mostly white (as prestonbeary) posted and some has much more color and movement. I LOVE the wild movement! So even though I adore delicatus and have it in my own kitchen, I prefer the slab of Mars Calzone Latino shown above because of all the movement and variety within the stone.

Here's my delicatus kitchen. I used two slabs that were not an exact match of each other, but close enough. Then I needed to locate a 3rd slab to do my bar, window sill (kitchen and living room) and the fireplace hearth. The 3rd slab was not a good match, but I liked it even better because it had more quartz deposits in it. My bar actually has a large spot of smokey quartz that you can shine a light all the way through.

• daki

and here is mine :)

• prestonbeary

A big Thank You to all who replied with pics of their kitchens! The delicatus looks good with dark cabinets - nice contrast.

Any pics of light cabinets with a Delicatus? My cabs are off white/yellowish painted. I was hoping to see that combo?

• ccoombs1

Someone recently posted pics of Delicatus with white cabinets and it was stunning!! I can't remember who it was though. I have white trim on my living room window and the sill is delicatus and the combination is wonderful together. I was really surprised.

• ccoombs1

Check this thread...her granite is very similar to your slab.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0612585210809.html

• karena_2009

Gosh, all of those are great choices. I liked the first one, personally. I think the Ambrosia is nice, but it doesn't have the movement of the others. Good luck!

• granite-girl

I love those granites, the Delicatus & dark cabinets- beautiful. I like the Mars Calzone Latino & Persian Sun best out of the slabs pictured at the top. I'm a sucker for lots of movement & color.
    Good Luck

Here is a link that might be useful: granite countertops