Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

just for fun...last of the basil before frost !

15 years ago

Here is a great use for my basil right before the coldest night so far. We had a great time in the "Kitchen" ! Hope you enjoy! Caroline

Here is a link that might be useful: Last night for basil !

Comments (10)

• 15 years ago

ok, first of all--how fresh of you to post just-picked basil when you know darned well it's been too cold up here for basil for awhile now! LOL!!

I'd say it looks yummy but I think I see some peppers on that pizza, so I might have to reserve judgement on that... :-)

• 15 years ago

hilarious...4 days ago just used the last of the parsley for a lasagna - although I don't know how good it was anymore. Brrrrrr it's cold in Chicago!

• 15 years ago

I was hoping to find one last bit of basil here last week, but no such luck...Just some sad, black branches left. Now there's nothing, since my kiddos did a spectacular job cleaning out my garden boxes. As usual, looks yummy, Caroline!

• 15 years ago

Looks yummy! Buffalo mozzarella? We use a lot of basil here too. Favorite use is pesto or almost anything Italian, then Thai green curry, then caprese salads. The remaining plants in my Earth Box are flowering right now, but that is a fluke and won't last long. We rarely have a hard freeze here, but the basil always goes away when it gets cool. The Italian parsley stays all Winter, which is wonderful as I use it in just about everything. I can only imagine the fabulous aroma that comes from your kitchen!!!

-Babka

• 15 years ago

Looks delicious, Caroline! The last of my basil came in the house a month ago. It is hanging to dry on the metal rails from which the acoustic tiles have been removed (so I could see how high the ceiling really is). Gotta love a kitchen remodel, LOL.

Judy

• 15 years ago

Yeh yeh cat_mom...whine about how cold it is !!

mairin: Chi Town is too cold for me !!

babka:The smells were YUMMY> And we have leftovers ! I wish it was Buffalo....just the little balls of fresh Mozzarella. You are in a warm zone I see. My Itl parsley stays pretty well too. The frost didn't get the last of the basil afterall but it isn't very lush. I had already given up pinching flowers.

Judy THANK YOU ! LOL that is so funny. I can hardly wait till you post finished pics !!

• 15 years ago

Last of your basil on the delicious pizza while I look at snow flurries!!!

• 15 years ago

Snow flurries....bbbbrrrrrrrr...you need to come visit in Alabama !! Sunny and 60's today. c

• 15 years ago

I'm starving, opened this, and now my nose is pressed to the glass... That and a glass of wine is all I could possibly need right now to be as happy as anyone should be. :)

• 15 years ago

rosie you come on down and we will see what we can do...can't have you so hungry LOL. c