Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

PinkPaula: Views of My Garden & Mountain You Asked For

9 years ago

I didn't want to hijack the Serene Bedroom thread, so I thought I'd quickly post a few pics that you'd asked for here instead.
My private walled-in garden off our MBR:

I have lights strung through the trees out there, which makes it a lovely place to sit out at night:

Another part of my garden:
{{gwi:2139069}}
View from the back of our home that I took during the Autumn when my Maximilian Sunflowers were blooming:

View from my front portal/porch:

Thank you for asking :~)
Lynn

This post was edited by LynninNM on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 17:25

Comments (26)

• 9 years ago

Oh wow. How gorgeous. Is your guest room as nice as your MBR? I'll book a flight now.

• 9 years ago

So pretty. We visited SF once and it is a wonderful place!

• 9 years ago

THANK YOU for sharing your lovely views. The
    night time photograph with the moon shining
    looks like a fantasy, not reality. Those mountains!
    OMG. No wonder you love your home. I am
    officially green with envy.
    Enjoy every moment and every memory.
    You have renewed my desire to move from
    our very nice, but too-close-to-our-neighbors
    property. For me, it is all about the VIEW.
    Thank you.

• 9 years ago

Definitely serene! Love it.

• 9 years ago

How lovely, Lynn! Thank you for sharing those pictures, they are like a brochure for a relaxing vacation!

• 9 years ago

Beautiful, Lynn. Thanks for sharing another glimpse of the serenity of the southwest. I still miss visiting there.

• 9 years ago

If I had a private garden I would start each day outdoors with coffee.
    Amazing!

• 9 years ago

Gorgeous! I love that area.

• 9 years ago

I'm a lifetime New Englander who has never spent time in the Southwest (only flown over it) and over the years I've frequented this forum your posts have given me a greater appreciation of the regional decor and surroundings.

I always enjoy seeing photos of your home and these shots are just stunning!

• 9 years ago

So pretty! The walled-in garden is SO nice. It looks so cozy and peaceful. I especially love the nighttime pic. Thanks for sharing.

• 9 years ago

What a nice, tranquil space--you must just looooove it! That mountain view is absolutely stunning! That was fun--glad you posted these!

• 9 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, I love spending time out in my small walled garden in the mornings when it's warm enough and in the evenings, sometimes, too. Although we have a lot of land around us for privacy, it's walled to keep the rabbits, deer, bears and coyote out. And it has.so far. Plus, our en suite bathroom has large windows that open out onto it, so it feels better with those walls, regardless. This is an older pic looking out from there.
    {{gwi:2139071}}.

Many evenings, though, even in the colder months we like to sit out on our front portal with a fire going to warm us a bit.
    {{gwi:2139072}}

• 9 years ago

But, in reality, something like this would be my dream home (LOL): Not big. Not fancy. Just cozy, comfortable and on a lake in Michigan. But, I'm blooming where I've been planted here in New Mexico.

{{gwi:2139073}}

[Beach Style Porch[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/beach-style-porch-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_726~s_2110) by Portland Architects & Building Designers Whitten Architects

• 9 years ago

You've created a very special sanctuary, I absolutely love it.

• 9 years ago

Spectacular! I love it.

• 9 years ago

I don't often post here but have admired Lynn's New Mexico home for a long time. It is truly my dream home. It is so surprising to me that Lynn would actually prefer a home in Michigan. Definitely a case of "different strokes"!

• 9 years ago

although I truly love it out here, I seem to miss my sisters and brothers there and the beautiful Michigan lake that I grew up on more and more, the older I get. I love my home here and I'm truly happy here in New Mexico. But, I love Cottage decor. I could be very happy in a cute, small one near my family there. As long as DH was there with me. It's not going to happen, but cottages and that decor are my favorites. I shouldn't have posted that cottage pic, though. My post was about my NM garden and views. Sorry.
    Lynn

• 9 years ago

Oh Lynn, your private garden is absolutely lovely and so serene. Your home has so much character. I just love it!

I know it must be terribly difficult to live so far from your family. The older we get the more we realize how special our family is.

I love a cottage look also as my DGM and DGF moved to their summer cottage when DGF retired. That little cottage was like home to me.

• 9 years ago

"Many evenings, though, even in the colder months we like to sit out on our front portal with a fire going to warm us a bit."

Wait -- that's YOUR home in that pic? OMG, that's one of my fave Pinterest pics, in my "Selectstuff" board, because of the way the plantings and rock river abut against the portal pavers.

That is so weird! I can come visit, right? You're only a few hours away from me. :)

• 9 years ago

OMG . . . I'm on Pinterest?!? I had no idea! Yes, it's my house. Here's a few more pics of my front portal. I designed, landscaped (I'm a master gardener) and decorated it myself.
    To the left of our front door:

Further down still on the left:

One side of my terraced beds leading up to my front portal, although there wasn't a lot blooming when I took this pic:

I've planted a LOT of Russian Sage and Catmint, as they don't take much water and thrive with our sun and soil.
    {{gwi:2139074}}
    These lights are from San Miguel De Allende, down in Mexico.

And, right in front of our main seating I've created this little focal spot. The birds love it . . . and so do my furkids. The tiny arroyo (river rock dry stream bed) actually is a working one and carries the run-off rain from the roof down to the trees and lower beds. I don't know if you can see them very well, but 2 other plants that do wonderfully here are the Gaillardia (Indian Blanketflower) and pretty much every varietal of Agastache (Giant Hyssop) :
    {{gwi:2139075}}

• 9 years ago

Holly Kay: are you one of my sisters (LOL)? I grew up having a family cottage/summerhouse on a lake that my grandparents moved into full-time when my grandfather retired, too! My time there was some of the happiest of my childhood and teenage years. I know exactly what you mean. I'm sure this is why I love cottages and cottage décor so much.
    Lynn

This post was edited by LynninNM on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 1:00

• 9 years ago

Deleted.

This post was edited by AtomicJay007 on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 17:58

• 9 years ago

Maybe I swiped your photo from here? (confused) although I don't make a habit of that kind of thing, I suppose it's possible. If so, I apologize, because that's rude! Pic says it's from photobucket. I put a linky.

All the pics are lovely! You are very blessed.

Here is a link that might be useful: banco and stream pic

• 9 years ago

Thanks, Violet. No problem having it on your Pinterest. I'm touched that you like it.
    Lynn

• 9 years ago

Wow! I'm speechless. I've always admired your home, everything about it. You have great taste.

• 9 years ago

Beautiful home and such wonderful landscaping! I love how the steps leading up to the portal are built into the boulders. Great plant choices too; thanks for posting all the pictures.