Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bsmoody

Kitchenaid Pro-Line Washer / Dryer

9 years ago

Anyone own these ? I have a chance to purchase a set that is New still in Box with pedestals. A lot less than the original $8,000.00 price tag !!!!

Comments (12)

• 9 years ago

Warehouse discount appliances has a NEW set in Agoura Hills, CA. I remember them being a huge sales disappointment, but were phenomenal machines. Literally built like tanks....the metals and glass are crazy sturdy. They were and still are very expensive. I would call Kitchen Aid and ask about parts and servicing. We almost bought a set 2x, but the dryer does not offer reverse tumble, and reverse tumble is the ONLY way to guarantee no tangled sheets and blankets!

• 9 years ago

The washer is a Whirlpool Duet in a different shell. The dryer, though, is actually a commercial unit, made by America Dryer Corporation.

• 9 years ago

How old are they? We have a KA washer and Dryer, I have not loved them, I would for sure prefer some of the options on the market today. I am getting ready to replace them (they still work.) I have had two electric panel replacements and several other parts in the years I have owned them, plus random issues with them not draining. Its possible the ones you are looking at had some of these issues resolved, depending on the age, though.

• 9 years ago

I don't know for how long the Pro Line machines were offered but they were introduced to the market sometime between 2005 and 2006. As stated in a post above, the washer is a Whirlpool Duet (all KitchenAid laundry was produced by Whirlpool except the Pro Line dryer) and the dryer is sourced from American Dryer Corp. (ADC). The dryer construction has some notable differences, including a stainless steel drum, separate blower motor, and a lint filter that slides out horizontally from the toekick panel.

The serial numbers are coded for year and week of manufacture if you want to know and can get the info.

• 6 years ago

Larsi,

Warehouse Discount Appliances still shows a pic- in stock of that Kitchenaid Proline Washer & Dryer on their webpage but unfortunately it's not true.

Too bad- I would have liked a set for myself.

Jeff

• 6 years ago

• 6 years ago

@ Jeffrey...my post is from March 2015!!!! LOL We cannot expect Warehouse Discount to still have them!

• 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I was surprised they were still there in 2015 when you posted this as they were 10 years old then.

Jeff

• 6 years ago

Sometimes things get "left behind." A local dealer has a Whirlpool Polara Range for sale on the floor. It's 15 years old per the serial number. I almost had an argument with him when he said it still has full warranty (maybe) and all parts are still available (no).

• 6 years ago

dadoes,

I know what you are saying. We had a couple local dealers that had large appliances on their showroom floor that were well over 10 years old at the time. I made a comment to one of them that "you don't see that particular item anymore" to which he seemed surprised.

Both have since closed though which is too bad as they both had great prices.

Jeff

• 6 years ago

Jeffrey, I remember looking at the pro line pair years ago and thought they were absolutely GORGEOUS! I was super impressed with their build quality. They had massive heavy hinges and were built like tanks. It's too bad I was a poor college student when they were available because I'd totally buy these now.