Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eilatan

Don't know what I am doing!

11 years ago
Help! Need ideas for new furniture and color for family room/ kitchen. Trim is off white, accent wall (fireplace) is Kingsport Gray BM, and other walls are Castle Path Behr. I will put tv above fireplace. Can't wait to hear!!!!

Comments (28)

• 11 years ago
    Wow! Just stunning and beautiful. Love the paint color, the kitchen and the view . First of all, what colors do you like?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The rooms basics are great! Now you need to find your furniture style. You have so many choices that will work. My choice would be modern/contemporary.
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks! I do not like Reds, Purples, Oranges or yellow. I want to stay away from the the other family room colors which are choco brown, wedgewood blue and beige. I am a minimalist who leans more modern but loves some color. Does this help?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The only wall we don't see is opposite the window wall. To do a good job, I think we need a pix of that wall as well.
  • 11 years ago
    Don't have a pic of opposite wall but it is a long wall painted caste path....
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    How do you feel about greens? Say, green and crisp white? You choose the shade(s) of green. Blue green to lime to chartreuse. With maybe some black thrown in?? Contemporary but not too modern. Clean lines with a little bulk?
  • 11 years ago
    Beautiful rooms! Personally, I would hate to see you use a lot of color in these areas when you already have such beautiful neutrals going on. I would recommend adding interest with textural neutral fabrics for throw pillows and natural accessory pieces. Beautiful simple lines of transitional furniture would be stunning in this area and if you had the NEED for a little color here and there accessories are the ticket! Maybe throw in a little black in the living area to pull in the black from the kitchen island?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    will it suit you some how?
  • 11 years ago
    Beautiful space! You got great taste, whatever you choose I'm sure will look great.
  • 11 years ago
    I can help you, v.decora@hotmail.com
  • 11 years ago
    Just a tip-- find outlet covers that match with your wall colors. As they are, they stand out and I am sure you do not want them to be obvious! Also, would not suggest putting the TV above the FP as it may be too high.
  • 11 years ago
    Beautiful Home! It seems like you are doing an AMAZING job so far!! Check out Cornerstone Architects. They have a lot of beautiful rooms filled with tons of inspiration. I love your kitchen backsplash! Info Please!! :)
  • 11 years ago
    How about neutral major pieces, but colorful accent chairs in teal? Color, but not in your list of "avoidance" colors.
    Living Room · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    Ideas are great....! Shopping as we speak. What about the eating area near the patio doors where the light is hanging? Obvious round, but what color? And chair ideas?
  • 11 years ago
    I think it would be good to see your living space furniture selection to better help with dining table/chairs suggestions.
  • 11 years ago
    Wow! What a beautiful space, it even looks great empty!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Gallery walls are a classic, yet modern look. I've got tons of vintage art prints that would look great mingled in with your family photos.

www.GraceArchives.etsy.com
  • 11 years ago
    Love those doors! What are the manufactor? How long are they?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Have you considered hiring a designer? It will make this job so much more fun not to mention easier.
  • 11 years ago
    Can you post a picture of the furniture in your other family room?
  • 11 years ago
    Grace? Loved the vintage prints and will be ordering for sure....any photos of arrangements???? As for family photos mixed in, probably not there.
  • 11 years ago
    Anita....here are some similar photos of the other family room (less formal) furniture ...cant take a pic of mine at present. The colored chair is striped in those exact colors and has no arms. The leather chair is a choco brown and tuffed. The couch looks like this with the pillow in other pic! Hope this helps
  • 11 years ago
    How about a grey sofa for the family room. Add green, white, grey and black accents to the room . A rug is a great place to start when deciding on the color scheme for a room. Do you have a rug for the space or a picture of one that you like?
  • 11 years ago
    Anita no rug yet
  • 11 years ago
    All very beautiful! I would think twice about TV over fire place - first of all, why cover that beautiful stone work? Also, that means always looking up to watch TV. Seems to be plenty of room on the wall to left of fireplace to put TV.
  • 8 years ago

Eilatan, What type / color are these floors? We're building and in the phase of picking floors...i LOVE yours.

• 6 years ago
    Help!