Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daneejela

Rain shower pros and cons?

7 years ago

We are thinking of putting rain shower into our new bathroom...it looks cool and nice feature, but I am trying to figure out if it is worth extra money - it looks like one of those very cool things that are, after first few times, rarely used.

I would appreciate advice from those of you who have some experience with it...

Comments (10)

• 7 years ago

I do not have one but I do have a very large Moen shower messager head that is heavenly! From what I have read on Houzz from people who have the rain shower heads--they are great as long as you want a steady stream of water, even when you are washing. I understand that it's hard to get away from the water due to the size of the shower head. You will need to shut the water off while you are washing your hair and body. I hope this helps!

daneejela thanked Bev
  • 7 years ago
    I've used them in hotels and really dislike them. The water runs right in your face unless you step out of the stream, in which case then you get cold; very stressful and uncomfortable. That being said, some people seem to like them and think they're relaxing. Maybe you can find a hotel that has one and give it a try before you decide whether it's for you or not.
    daneejela thanked baileysr
  • 7 years ago

I like mine, but recommend having a mounted handheld shower head as well. Here's the other discussion with [Your question[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/rain-shower-head-dsvw-vd~4000719)

daneejela thanked hatetoshop
  • 7 years ago

I have a regular shower head with massage options. If I don't want to get my hair wet, I don't have to. Or I can stand directly under it to wash my hair. Seems to me, that with a rain shower head you only have one option. That is the con. Not sure of what the pros are.

daneejela thanked flopsycat1
  • PRO
    7 years ago

I have had both, and my husband really wanted the rain head in our new home, so I agreed but I also have body spray jets and a hand held shower head as well....The water does fall directly from above, so to wash and lather you do need to step out of the water, for me I don't get cold since I have body sprayers, but for other I could see that as a down fall. Its really a preference, If you have never used one I would suggest finding a friend or hotel, and trying it out for yourself first, before you invest.

daneejela thanked Carpet Mill USA Inc.
  • 7 years ago
    We have the same set up as nnigrt and love it.
    daneejela thanked adriennecolella
  • 7 years ago

Thank you guys, based on your comments, we decided not to have it, since I think I would probably rarely use it, plus I haven't try it anywhere...if I sometimes really want it, we can always install one (at least that type that attaches directly to pipe).

• 7 years ago

We have both and I love the rain shower. It comes straight down and I love that. Feels much warmer to me than a regular shower. I only lean my hair out to shampoo and it is not a problem at all. My husband prefers the handheld, but he finds a shower only for the purpose of getting clean while I like it for relaxation too.

• 5 years ago
    I'm about to remove my bath and put in good shower. These comments are useful. I may opt for combination shower heads.