Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stl1990

Insolroll Solar Screen Shade? What color and % are these?

6 years ago
This is the view I am looking for through a solar shade and will be purchasing shades soon. Any manufacturer information on these will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Roller Shades, Solar Shades & Outdoor Shades · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    6 years ago

There are several quality manufacturers that provide solar shades. Insol Roll, Hunter Douglas, Lafayette and Comfortex to name a few. If you are wanting something to protect your floors from over heat and sun exposure, choose 5% or less open factor. Also I would choose a Kool Black fabric or Silver Screen to reduce glare and heat.

• 6 years ago
    After some research I have learned that 10% and black gives best visibility while giving 90% uv protection for look in pic. 14% is much more open weave than 10% and although can see alot, i found if cliser to shade, if chair nearby, eyes not sure whether to focus on weave or view. anything below 10% offers little more uv protection but greatly affects visibilty of view. i will b getting 10% and black. i plan to test today but i believe when sun out, the lighter colors will have more light reflection and visibilty decreased. also the textured look solar shades also disrupt view through shades if seeing your view is first priority while blocking sun glare. someone wrote, black 0% is like wearing sunglasses...exactly what i am looking for..adds the clarity and crispness to view.
  • 6 years ago
    *10% black (not 0%)
  • PRO
    6 years ago

I would suggest 5%. With EScreen Cool Black Visibility is great and you will reduce glare and heat. 10% will not do much.