Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katherine_rohrer24

Has anyone had or currently have Forevermark cabinets?

3 years ago

Has anyone had or currently have Forevermark cabinets, and what would your review be? Please only people who have had actual experience with them respond, thank you!! I have read other people’s opinions on them, I just would love to hear actual hands on experiences is all :)

Comments (40)

• 3 years ago

I’m sorry I don’t have personal experience with these, but two families in town have them and recommend them for price and style. Both have zero complaints and the cabinets have held up well thru the years.

Not everyone has $80k for a kitchen reno. I hope rude people on here don’t make you feel bad for your choice. Do what is right for you, your family and your budget. There are many beautiful forevermark kitchens out there! Good luck.

Ann544 thanked jk113
  • 3 years ago

I just love when people think a comment other than a glowing review is rude. I guess we should just tell the OP to buy inexpensive cabinets from a company with financial difficulties.

• 3 years ago

I currently have them and so far they are holding up well. No complaints whatsoever and I personally don't see them as junk. I had Thomasville in my previous kitchen (not sure which is better quality based on reviews) and there has been no difference. I would purchase them again as I know several people with the cabinets who have had no complaints or issues.

Ann544 thanked Tia M
  • 3 years ago

Lol. Ok.

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

thanks jk113! It is nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with them because most people tear them down without having that experience, but what I've heard is there are different grades of them and some actually do seem to be quality enough for someone with a lower budget (like me!). Even if I could afford very high-quality cabinets at this moment, I wouldn't pay that much anyway ever for cabinets. Sounds like they will be just fine for what I need and my budget :) Do you know how long they have had the cabinets for?

• 3 years ago

Thank you Tia M! Very good to hear!

• 3 years ago

I have had my cabinets 4 years btw.

• 3 years ago

One family has had them for 6 years and the other has only had them for under a year. They got them on the recommendation of the other family! Good luck with your reno.

• 3 years ago

I have has my cabinets in 2020 summer. The paint peeled off in a lot spots. I emailed the company twice but no response.

• 3 years ago

I just purchased the platinum line. I think it would be helpful to specify which line people have as I’m wondering if there is any difference. I did a bit of research and there are many people who do not have first hand experience trashing them because they are imports. Those comments hold no value to me as those same people might be best served taking an inventory of their closets and personal surroundings prior to making those comments. First hand, specific, non- biased comments are always very appreciated. Thank you.

• PRO
    3 years ago

I personally work on building and constructing the Forevermark Gold Series cabinets as well as other cabinetry brands like Hardware Resource & for years now I’ve had almost little to no problems with them whereas we run into quite a few problems with the rest of the cabinetry companies we carry. I would absolutely recommend Forevermark in any kind of home, appartment complex, rental, etc. for their price range is much better than companies like Yorktown custom cabinets that can run up to 10-20 thousand even for a simple kitchen layout. Most people would be led to believe that since they places like Lowe’s and Mernards don’t carry them in stock, that they must not be quality cabinets. I can assure you that these are far superior cabinets than those of their companies. Btw, I’ve read some of these other comments and can say that for the sake of your own knowledge, the prices on the cabinets have not changed a single time since we’ve stocked them. I’ve built hundreds of these cabinets & can surely say that they have done nothing but continue to improve their cabinets time and time again. The reason I’m writing this review is because I wanted to see if anyone else is as satisfied with this company as I am & to try to eliminate some misconceptions about this brand like some have done here. I could say much more impressing things about this company, but I’ll leave that to if anyone has anymore questions about this discussion! Thanks for you’re time & hope I helped in some way!

• 3 years ago

I have them , 2 years old.

• 3 years ago

Unfortunately I have nothing good to say , I had them installed and for about a year they looked nice, however the "Painted solid wood" has started to buckle and the paint in various corners has also peeled.Pieces of garbage.

The door to the lazy susan literally fell off from poor installation.

• 3 years ago

I have had them for about 3-4 years and have bubbling on most drawer fronts from normal usuage. Have also emailed company twice to inquire about replacement fronts but absolutely no response which tells me a lot about this company and therefore i would not recommend this companies products.

• 2 years ago

Had them three years...paint peeling on doors and drawers. Company denied warranty claiming water damage... they're bathroom cabinets for crying out loud!

Anyway, they peeled in multiple places and were a waste of money. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT BUYING THIS PRODUCT.

I have Home Depot vanities that have held up twice as long with no problems.

Sorry Forevermark.... the truth is the truth.

• 2 years ago

Yes, I have These cabinets. Love them! Solid construction, soft close drawers. I also know several others that have these cabinets and they have had few issues. Great cabinet for the price.

• 2 years ago

I’ve had these cabinets for 9 years and no real issues. Would I purchase them again….probably not.

• 2 years ago

Actually I have sold and installed more than 50 Forevermark cabinets and styles. My own house has 12 year old cabinets (Sienna Rope) they still look like new.

I have seen the peeling on 3 or 4 cabinets and usually it is due to moisture (waste cabinet or near sink) only on the ICE Shaker White. This is because that style is the only style in Forevermark where the door is completely made of MDF.

• 2 years ago

Mine has bubbled and cracked too just over a year old ! Anything you can do to fix it?..

• 2 years ago

😠

• 2 years ago

Ugh

• 2 years ago

Is that below your sink?

• 2 years ago

I have had forever mark in ice white and they are terrible..peeling everywhere. For the amount I paid, I feel this was fraud. They should have a class action lawsuit filed against them because their product doesn't work. No one buy from this company. Those of us that did- write reviews everywhere on how their product is terrible.

• 2 years ago

Great!! Im debating between forevermark and "cabinets to go". I want the white shaker but i see there's problem with paint peeling😭😭😭😭. Also, my contractor told me there no MDF or particle board????? But it seems hes lying😫😫😫😫.

• 2 years ago

There is nothing wrong with engineered wood products at all. That isn’t the reason that Forevermark is poor quality. Its the paint, the joining, the size limitations, and the fact that they are not that cheap for all of that. You can get tons more sizes in a builder line like Aristokraft, with tons more styles and colors.

• last year

Whoever posted thank you very much. I get my quote tomorrow. If I don’t like my quote, I am going to Home Depot. …

• last year

@angelwhite I actually ended up going with the forevermark because they looked really nice in person and good quality, how they were made and how the drawers were put together. I think they may have been a worse brand before or confused with another I’m not sure because these comments are surprising to me now. I’ve had them since I made this post and there are only a couple chips in the paint so far on a couple cabinets because I accidentally scraped them hard, any paint would have chipped. And I have a toddler so she’s spilled a ton of water by the sink and caused some water damage but had I noticed right away I would’ve wiped it up and it wouldn’t have been an issue. This would happen to any cabinets so I personally don’t think they’re awful like others have said! No paint on cabinets is indestructible haha, but if you are concerned and can afford nicer cabinets I say go for it! We just couldn’t so we settled for these but are very happy with them :)

• last year

Ann544: What type did you purchase? I am looking at ForeverMark Townplce Crema. Thanks!

• last year
    last modified: last year

I‘ve had the Forevermark cabinets in my home since 2015. Pros: The overall durability for the price point is good IMO. I’m able to touch up most chips with a standard white touch up pen and it blends. Cons: I have Gramercy White and would agree with some of the other comments about the bubbling, chipping, and peeling. It is mostly on the drawer fronts and drawer edges and more noticeable on the ones by the sink. Someone mentioned the white is MDF while other lines are constructed with wood fronts so perhaps that is true?

Emailing Forevermark is a waste of time. I’ve sent numerous inquiries over the years with absolutely NO response. It has also been difficult to find a local retailer that carries the brand. I’m starting to get larger areas of paint chipping and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to repair or need to replace the entire front.

• last year

I have had Forevermark cabinets since 2017. Those thst get heavy use delaminate and look terrible. i want to find replacement fronts but that sounds discouraging from the other comments

• last year

@Ann544 what type and color did you get? We are looking at purchasing forevermark in ice white shaker. I sure dont want to spend a lot just to have them peel!

• last year

Do not purchase the ice white shaker, they will peel. Forevermark warranty does not cover anything! Do not buy from forevermark!

• last year

I think all of us on this thread need to talk to an attorney about breach of warranty and manufacturers defect claims. We should get our money back for the ice white shaker cabinets with all the peeling and  bubbling and hold them accountable. New kitchen cabinets are a huge expense and should last more than a year. FM knows their product is bad in ice white which is why they claim customers must have "water" or "humidity" problems when they put in a warranty claim or worse, don't even respond. They will respond when served with papers demanding customers get their money back for a product line that cannot stand up to the purpose for which it was made.

• last year

Cheap junk, and no warranty.

• 10 months ago

Amazing value. 4th year in with Nova Gray Shaker and zero issues. I put them together myself with extra glue, and brad nailer so they are rock solid. So easy to make customizations too. Like the island is just two base units screwed together with some door panels on the backside, and trim around the base. Better than anything you can buy already assembled.

All the negative comments seem to be around the Forevermark cabinet line with plastic coated doors. Just stay away from them. Any heat shrink type coated cabinet; whether its Forevermark or others is gonna bubble over time. Just the nature of the beast. I got the rubberwood with lacquer finish and have a beautiful kitchen cabinets for $5G

• PRO
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

People might want to read the warranty, and the huge number of exclusions. Import cabinets are entry level, low quality, with almost no warranty, (2 years for painted) and worse, no actual warranty service available, despite the written words. No one stands by them. You do not get something for nothing. https://forevermarkcabinetry.com/resources/warranty/

• 8 months ago

Mine are just being installed. Panels are 1/4 inch not 1)2 inch. I bought the painted ones in a cream. I did not thoroughly read the part that they tell you different color cabinets are not all same paint quality. Yes the paint process is more of a pressed on skin. For mild dings it's better for hard wacks, your cabs are toast. Just drilling holes for sink Drain the wrap painted finish peeled off. I spent a lot of money on these and can see the future of more chips and dings. If I had to do it over maybe the stain finish is better. What I find misleading is their description of the paint process, at no point do they mention it's more of a pressed wrap painted job. If that is not what it is- than their paint process just does not adhere with the base wood. If I had to do it over would choose a stain . And maybe order extra doors for areas that may delaminate. I don't think this paint peel issue is just Forevermark, it's the newer automated paint process for massed produced cabinets which they show you on their website. At this point I just have to careful.

• 5 months ago

jsut found this thread. I started to like the "slim shaker" look. Visited many cabinet stores. For the most part they all have just one model, 4 colors from forevermark.

https://forevermarkcabinetry.com/portfolio_category/petit-collection/

I was planning on a combination of white (petit white) and light wood (petit sand)

BTW. where are those cabinets made?

I am not looking for high-end as we will not stay in our home forever. But still something that holds up for a while.

Sounds like forevermark has a rather bad rep?

• 2 months ago

Hi! I also started looking at the FM Petit White Collection. They looked great in person but was wondering about the quality considering there have been mixed reviews on the white shaker cabinets.