Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_975254975

Whole House Paint

2 years ago

Painting the interior of my house, it has pretty good natural light but all colors are reading so strange in different areas that it is hard to make a choice. I’ve sampled almost all the popular grays and whites and none have really worked. I painted several rooms nebulous white after sampling big swatches, only to see that it reads pale blue. I’m willing to repaint if I can find the right color that doesn’t read yellow, pink or blue. The trim is extra white.

Comments (6)

• 2 years ago

Lighting is different in every room, so no color will look the same in all the rooms. Since you have extra white for your trim, maybe look at it closely to see how it actually looks in all rooms, and you could paint your walls with that, but, use flat on the ceiling, and eggshell or matte on the walls. I do like the color in the room, you show a picture of. However, your ceiling may be throwing that color off a bit too, since it hasnt been painted yet and has a very dingy look. Painting your ceilings first would be a good idea.

• PRO
    2 years ago

I would not select a white that leans blue for your home.

• 2 years ago

Have you tried Behr Ultra White ? It is the whitest white. Have you tried BM Chantilly Lace ? It really does depend on the lighting and the reflective quality of the other surfaces in your home, as you have experienced.

• 2 years ago

'DRIFT OF MIST' IS THE BEST LIGHT OFF WHITE 'GREIGE" THAT DOESN"T PULL ANY UNDERTONES, DOESN'T DISAPPEAR ON WALLS WITH LIGHT, OR DARKEN FOR WALLS IN DARKER SPACES. IT IS PERFECT WITH BRIGHT WHITE TRIM. IF YOU WANT MORE OF A WHITE GO WITH WHITE DUCK.

• 2 years ago

If anyone can help me, I am working with black sinks, black vein santa Cecilia granite with gold and gray, its a two story townhome big architectural windows, little rooms upstairs with joining den, and master without much light. Need an allover color with maybe 2 more for laundry/bath and bedrooms. Want 'Art Loft' Luxurious, minimalist feel. Will eventually put up some bat and board and ship lap. I like Alabaster but it seems yellow. Does anyone know a good combo of off whites to use in various rooms in the same tonality? I want bright but some contrast to white boards and doors. At some point Ill bring in black and maybe green/blue.

• PRO
    2 years ago

HU-100753563 Don't Bogart this post for your own home. Start another post that relates to your situation What were you thinking?