Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaylee_turner56

Needing help with layout in kitchen...

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I know I am wanting my cooktop and fridge flipped walls. Can anyone help on how to do this and where you would put anything else? We have wall ovens not attached to the cooktop. TIA

Comments (16)

• PRO
    2 years ago

Photo?

Kaylee Turner thanked Elizabeth Minish Design
  • 2 years ago

I keep trying to attach and it will not. Let me try from phone.

• 2 years ago

Did this one post? TIA

• 2 years ago

I also was needing help in the utility room. Have 6ft of granite and base cabinets with sink to add.

• PRO
    2 years ago

That pic is useless what we need is a to scale plan of the space showing windows ,doorways and where the doorways lead all measurements clearly marked and then you will get help here for the best layout . What is the reason for that huge waste of space pantry BTW post the measurements in feet and inches too. I find it easier to do to scale drawings on graph paper to keep the scale the same .The sizes of all the appliances is really helpful too.

• 2 years ago

Unfortunately, this is all I have at this point. I was just trying to find the best spot for things. We need lots of storage. Sorry, you feel it is a waste but it is built for my family's needs. The pantry will be a prep kitchen space as well. The kitchen itself is 13'7" long x 12' 10" deep with the island being 4x7. They told me I had a 42" walk space.

• 2 years ago

The fridge is 36" oven is a 30" double wall oven dishwasher 24" and the countertop stove is 36"

• 2 years ago

It also does have windows and doorways and where they lead but not sizes on those. SOrry.

• 2 years ago
    • I love a big pantry but others think it is a waste. Do what works for your family. I am a bit worried about the 42 inches of space between your island. Most of the time that is measured between the cabinets not the tops or what sticks out the most. If this is a busy kitchen with multiple people in it that may not be enough.
    • What is the second large X next to what I assume is the dishwasher on the window wall?
    • I hope your fridge is going to be counter depth?
    • I would leave the cooktop where it is in this plan for easier venting of range hood and put the wall ovens on the end of this same wall.
    • It seems like the fridge is a long way from the sink but I don't really like to have one in the middle of a run of cabinets as I find that the counters on the other side of the fridge rarely get used. I am sure others will have more ideas for you soon.
  • PRO
    2 years ago

That looks much bigger than 13'7" x 12 or is that the pantry? I never understood the huge walk in pantry but many folks really like it. In this layout , it would make me crazy to basically walk outside of the kitchen to get into the pantry. There should be direct access from inside the kitchen. I would put the door to the pantry where the cooktop is and create a nice cooking center on the opposite wall. Put the ref to the left of the " new door " making it a little more accessible when you ae cooking.

The kitchen seems a little sectioned off from the rest of the house except the dining room - was that intentional?

It is nice to have all this space, but it doesn't seem to be quite right. How much can be changed?

• 2 years ago

It is separate and intentionally so. I hated my open kitchen. The pantry is 9x9.
    Only what the layout of kitchen is. Possibly the door

• 2 years ago

Cubby14. It is the wall oven. So I am not sure if the mean cabinet to cabinet I just know she said 42” walk around. The only reason I wanted oven on other side was because I wanted to have stools under island and have family face out towards living area.

• 2 years ago

Here is pic of more of floor plan

• 2 years ago

Also, the .13’7” width is without pop out

• 2 years ago

I also meant cooktop on other side. Sorry