Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Between The Rocks And a Wet Place --- Passover Travel

I was travelling a few weeks ago around Passover. Trying to catch up now back in NYC. Just a very quick summary. Sorry not much details.

Spent sometime in LA. Lots of rock climbing in Joshua Trees and enjoyed beach weather while it was freezing in NYC, eating, eating and more eating. Amazing large vintage auto museum ----- Don't remember the name. But I remember the interesting ice cream shop Mateo's. Very interesting flavors.

I had to make Passover dinner for 12 people. Let me tell you, not easy to cook for 12 people and impossible to cook well in someone else's kitchen.

Main dish, brisket, of course. Couldn't believe how expensive brisket has come to.

SV Brisket with 24 karots and peals. :-)

dcarch

Joshua Trees

Getting wet, attacked by seaweeds

Cars are arts

Comments (9)

• 2 years ago

lovely pan of Brisket. The pepper stars are adorable--I will be telling lots of folks about how creative you are.

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked Rho Dodendron
  • 2 years ago

Beautiful brisket plate and I admire your talent with the colorful riot of peppers and vegetables. Great job!

How nice that you got away on an adventure. Yes, it has been cold and raw on the East Coast. I envy you that ocean, sand and seaweed experience. I hope you feel relaxed and refreshed. I was wondering where you’d gone!

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked petalique
  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Glad you had a good time! Love the carats and stars. :) Welcome back.

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked plllog
  • 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos - that brisket looks delish 😃

Was that really The Petersen Automotive Museum? It doesn't look like I remember it, unless that's the parking garage. The Petersen has a magnificent pierced metal facade and is near LACMA, IIRC. I stumbled across it when I was visiting some years back. We loved it.

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • 2 years ago

@carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b, I thought it was the Petersen, but I could be mistaken. I haven't been up that way in a long time.

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked Fun2BHere
  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

FWIW, Petersen was 3 floors of very slick exhibits and random items scattered around the parking garage too, when we visited in 2018.

Here are a couple of pix I took back then of the top floor exhibit of historical vehicles:

https://www.petersen.org/

CA has such a great car cultural history, I'm sure there are any number of collections to enjoy.

Apologies for the topic swerve...

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • 2 years ago

The brisket looks VERY fall-apart-tender....yum! Great presentation! Food artistry!

dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m thanked nicole___
  • 2 years ago

Sorry to return to my post so late. It has been very hectic after coming back from a long trip. Lots and lots of things to take care and catch up.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments.

I found out the car museum was The Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum. Not too many visitors were there. I kept looking around to see if Jay Leno was there.

I visited Joshua Tree National Park because It is a very amazing place to visit and I was told that Joshua trees have some Passover significance.

The brisket was a success. It was a big brisket for 12 people. The pictures show one of the two "platers". No one has a plater big enough. So I used two of those big aluminum cheap oven bake pans.

The brisket was not "falling apart tender", not "slice thin tender". It was "cutting with a fork tender". I am not that proud that it turned out great. Using Sous Vide was fool-proof. No cooking skill required.

Fun2BHere, I will do a tutorial on how to cut the Karats when things get slower someday.

Thanks again.

dcarch